AWS bands?

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Supposedly the international version has a chip that supports AWS but it is not enabled. Enabling it doesn't seem like an easy thing to since no one on XDA has gotten anywhere. Hopefully an AWS version comes out and we get what we need from that to enable it. However no word on an AWS version. Seems like TMo doesn't have any significant new devices but that may have been on hold until the merger was sorted out so maybe we will hear of something soon...

FreakyLocz14

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Supposedly the international version has a chip that supports AWS but it is not enabled. Enabling it doesn't seem like an easy thing to since no one on XDA has gotten anywhere. Hopefully an AWS version comes out and we get what we need from that to enable it. However no word on an AWS version. Seems like TMo doesn't have any significant new devices but that may have been on hold until the merger was sorted out so maybe we will hear of something soon...

That's absurd! I would so use this phone as my daily driver if it supported AWS. It's like a mini-tablet and a mega-phone.

aharmsworth

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I'll promise to contribute $25 to anybody or any organization that enables this. Not an issue for me in Canada, but would save me a lot of money when I travel to the US.

aharmsworth

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site

I will happily offer a bounty of $50 Canadian (= pretty damn close to $US50) for anyone enabling AWS.

Now that Canada has Roam, enablity AWS can save us a lot of money

Andrew

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Visit XDA forums for galaxy note. I think it is under developer section there is a bounty thread with pledges to any dev who enables AWS.