Rebooting issue with Apps on Micro SD? Anyone?

Codeworks

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I had this problem with my Samsung GSII as well and thought it may just be a fluke, but now I am having the same issue with my new Note.

Due to lack of free application storage, I move (VIA the App manager) most of my larger games on to the Micro SD card. Which looks like it works fine, however, after a while, not so much.

The Note (and all Samsungs) go through the scans when you boot up the phone on the internal storage and the memory card... Upon completion of this scan, the phone just keeps resetting. Once I pull the memory card out, I am good to go, but all my games were on the memory card.

I am using a PNY Class 10 card and am thinking maybe it is corrupt? Or maybe I am really not supposed to load everything on to the card like that?

Thoughts? Anyone else run in to this?

Thanks!

anon(123479)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I have had the same issues not with my note(cause I just got it), but with my galaxy wifi player 5.0
If I move all my apps to external sd card, the player keeps rebooting.

Codeworks

May 17, 2010
Visit site
It looks as though multiple posts have been created on this issue over on XDA.

Some have said that if you turn of WiFi, it does not happen. Others have said that as long as you keep the number of apps installed on the SD card to a minimum (well under 50) it may also be OK. Yet, another post suggests that if you can go back to 2.3.4, it should also be OK since the problem creeped up in 2.3.5 and beyond.

I have moved about 15 apps to the Micro SD card and I will see how that works for a while. Maybe every few days adding another to see what the breaking point is.

I know the 1.86G of internal app storage is a lot, but for those of us that have been using Android for years and have hundreds of apps, sometimes we need a little more!

Reactions: anon(123479)

kwilsonjr

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
I have also read that certain brand 32GB cards are to blame. I use patriot class 10 and have no problems with either the SII or the Note, although with the Note I did have one incidence of 'corrupt data card'. I RMA'd the card and no problems since (lifetime warranty on Patriot cards).

Reactions: anon(123479)

anon(123479)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I have also read that certain brand 32GB cards are to blame. I use patriot class 10 and have no problems with either the SII or the Note, although with the Note I did have one incidence of 'corrupt data card'. I RMA'd the card and no problems since (lifetime warranty on Patriot cards).

I too was using a 32GB card when the problem occurred on my WiFi 5.0 Player. I will check the brand and class.

Professor777

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I have a PNY 16 gig class 10 and it works great, but I have not loaded games to it. It is probably not your problem.

I have a program called Alarm Clock Plus (great program) . In its opening help screen it warns users not to move it to an SD card saying that Apps that use alarms and widgets cannot be moved to an SD card without breaking the app. Is is possible that you moved something to the SD card that is causing the problem, widget apps, or a game with a timer or alarm of some sort?

CircuitBabe

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Hey MJBarnes! this is Jess. How is your memory card prob doing? Is it any better? I used to have the same problem with my Note and I tried changing SD cards. Well it was good for a couple days but the problem returned. I tried looking and searching the web for a solution. It turns out, my circuit board could be dirty so I researched how people clean it. Lol geeky I know. I found this article on Note circuit board cleaning. Here's the link, Top Performing Galaxy Note with the Ultrasonic Cleaner This is the first time I've heard of this machine. Has anybody used this before? Is it any good? I'm very curious.

anon(156377)

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Happened to me as well with a brand new 16GB Sandisk. Only happens with select apps after deleting delvik cache.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note using TapaTalk.