IM- Preloaded messenger app not working

mustangsb05

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I have had my skyrocket for about 2 weeks now, and have never had a problem signing on to the preloaded Instant Messenger app. I had it set to remember my email and password so i wouldn't have to type it in every. single. time. (I use it a lot) Anyway, today it wouldn't sign me in and asked for my password. It's telling me my password and/or email is incorrect. Just have to say this in case anyone was wondering - No, I didn't input it incorrectly. I made sure I had the right password by signing out, and manually logging in via my laptop computer MSN messenger. So, I know for a fact I have the correct password, and of course, email. Anyone else having issues, or know how to fix? I tried just adding my account again, but it was too smart for that and told me it was already in use.

seancojr

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same issue

You've responded to a thread that is nearly a year old. That messenger application (I believe) stopped receiving updates (or did it ever?)... on a different note, there are alternatives in the Play store. Look up Trillian.

Sent from my myTouch 4G Slide using Android Central Forums

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
You've responded to a thread that is nearly a year old. That messenger application (I believe) stopped receiving updates (or did it ever?)... on a different note, there are alternatives in the Play store. Look up Trillian.

Sent from my myTouch 4G Slide using Android Central Forums

For one, it has nothing to do with it not receiving updates. The Social Hub IM client works, with notable exceptions - you get MASSIVE keyboard lag in that client while typing into ongoing conversations, and when Samsung's SNS servers are down you cannot log in. That's likely their issue.

Trillian is Ad-Supported unless you buy a Subscription. The only 3rd party IM client worth buying on Android these days is Beejive as it's the only one that pushes properly and works decently without looking ugly. They have a free Ad-Supported version called Beejive Free that supports up to 3 account connections. That should work for most people.

Social Hub's IM client is not much better than the Google Talk client, except it supports WLM and Yahoo! Messenger protocols. No File or Picture Transfer, for example. The keyboard lag is unbearable. Trillian puts a permanent entry in your Ongoing Notifications that cannot be removed in the settings (Beejive lets you remove theirs so it only pops up when you receive an IM). Trillian also requires you to create another account to use it, which Social Hub and Beejive do not require.