What is my HOME screen?

alsimon96

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Can you tell me which screen is the HOME screen. I have seven screens. When I turn my Skyrocket on, it defaults to the 4th (middle) screen.
And if I push the "HOME" button twice (regardless of where I am), it will revert to the 4th screen. So does that mean that the 4th screen is the home screen.
If I move to the 2nd screen and select an App and then if I push the "HOME" button one time, it will exit the App and return to the 2nd screen. If I push HOME a second time, it will return to the 4th screen.
So does that mean that the 4th screen is the HOME screen or are all seven screens HOME screens?

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
That screen that you go back to when you hit home from another page is your "home" screen.

As a side note, from your home screen you and click menu/edit and reorganize the order of your pages...so if you want your home screen to be all the way to the left you can drag it up/over there.

Reactions: PrissyPJ

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Yes, you're 4th screen is your HOME screen by default. Like jess.hickey said above, you may go in and delete homescreens that you aren't using and you can pick a different screen as your HOME screen.

alsimon96

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the help. You can tell I am just a beginner. I want to understand what is happening from a user interface point of view. So every tip or hint helps me understand a little better. My question might seem basic but I did learn about "Menu -> Edit" from this post.

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
That's okay, I could tell you were a beginner. That's what we are all here for. If we can teach a beginner and get you to a point where you understand the flow and UI of Android so that you feel comfortable, then we've done our job! ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87