Just bought skyrocket...2 things that chap me already..

Phantym

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
so maybe im blind but there are already a couple things that really drive me nuts. wats the first thing u wanna do when u get ur phone? set ringtones.......so heres my thing. when u go to set a ringtone, there is no option for custom ringtones....only the default ones on the phone, thats nuts. i know u can goto the file itself and set as ringtone for calls, but not for messaging.....and it can only be 300kb....really?!?! is there a way around this? my old razor can use bigger files than that....

tl;dr 300kb is really small for ringtones; why is there not an option while going thru phone and/or message settings to select a custom ringtone instead of only default

edit: also, is there a way to turn off the damn auto correct for texting? im using swype keyboard and have to add every other word as im texting....if i try to leave it alone then it just selects the first word it thinks i mean and replaces it automatically. looked all thru settings to fix it....

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Setting>language and keyboard>(select the keyboard u are using)
When you tap on the keyboard u use it gives you all the settings for that input method

Don't know about ringtones. Had A Nokia N97,
That's the only phone I've had to use songs directly from music player to set as ringtones

WickR1

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I have ringtone maker pro from the market. It lets you take the songs you have on the phone and make a ringtone out of it, it will make sure it's small enough to use.

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Make a folder on the SD card or storage called media, in that make a folder called audio, in there make two folders called ringtones, and notifications. You have to label them exactly and check your spelling. Files in those folders show up in the default list as normal ring/notification tones.

Good luck! (That's how the ring tone makers save them btw)

Reactions: rebamb and Phantym

jedah

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
edit: also, is there a way to turn off the damn auto correct for texting? im using swype keyboard and have to add every other word as im texting....if i try to leave it alone then it just selects the first word it thinks i mean and replaces it automatically. looked all thru settings to fix it....

You can also try another keyboard. I'm using Touchpal. It has Swype capabilities, and an option to toggle autocorrect on and off on the spacebar.

bannfacebookk

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I also use Zedge! As for the keyboard try the ICS keyboard on the Market.... the one by John Tanmi.

Sent From my Two Tin Cans & String Device on The Wookie Network

robor007

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I just put a Ringtones folder off the root of the SD card and put whatever I want there.

For keyboard, check out SwiftKey. It's pretty sweet.

JustNiNi

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
I use SwiftKey and I love it. I type extremely fast and a little messy at times and it keeps my typos to a bare minimum. It is by far the best keyboard I've tried so far.

droidguy15

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
I use Swiftkey and it works very well.

On a separate note, I'm an iPhone transplant and bought the Skyrocket last week and couldn't be happier. But, the ring tone selection is abysmal. Does anyone know how to get the "Classic Telephone" ring tone downloaded like the one that's on the iPhone? I'm not sure if it's an iPhone exclusive ring tone, but I really like it. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty