Unlock the FM Radio

D-Caf

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Put a pair of headphones in it?

I'm not sure what you mean by unlock it. I just put a pair of stereo headphones on and then ran the Radio app and it worked. With out headphones plugged in it won't work (the headphones act as the FM antenna).

NegativeBeef

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Put a pair of headphones in it?

I'm not sure what you mean by unlock it. I just put a pair of stereo headphones on and then ran the Radio app and it worked. With out headphones plugged in it won't work (the headphones act as the FM antenna).

I did have headphones plugged in. My phone didn't come with a radio app and I had to download one. When I try to use it, it says that there's no radio tuners found. I have the AT&T version and I have been reading at some places that this version might not have it. However the AT&T site has listed the GS2 as having a built in fm tuner. I have also heard of people getting it to work by rooting the phone and installing some drivers. Apparently there are Android phones out there that have FM receivers but are disabled. I need to know once and for all if the AT&T GS2 has a built in FM radio receiver.

D-Caf

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Ahhh, ok that explains it. I have an unlocked imported GS2 on ATT, so I have the radio app. The radio app you tried, was it the Galaxy SII radio app, or just something off of market?

It is probably possible to try installing the one that's on the international phones and see if that Radio app works. If not, it may be missing or disabled as you mentioned. Unfortunately I don't have experience with the ATT version of the phone, and haven't heard anything regarding the FM radio.

sorry.

Monem

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
mine also an European version, and the radio app works by just connecting the headphones.
Did you try to download a radio app from the market or from Samsung app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty