Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Photos/Videos to SD Card

I have had my Galaxy SII (AT&T) a little over a week...
    I have an 8G micro SD memory card installed...

Is there a way to set up the camera so that photos will be automatically saved to the SD card instead of the phone?
    Or even a way to MOVE photos from the phone/Gallery to the memory card?

Thanks!!

Are you sure they aren't? On most older Android phones, pics always saved to as card natively.

Open to the sd card using a file manager. Look for folder called DCIM. Tap it. Open folder "camera". Should see all your photos. Or, put sd card into a card reader on pc to check photos are there...
    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Photos/Videos to SD Card

I was looking in the"external_sd" folder...doh!!
    Thanks so much for your help!

Glad I actually helped!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

ROM
    Stock (ICS 4.0.3)

Yeah.. In android the pics are saved to external storage by default.
    In SGS2 the default external storage is the inbuilt memory and not the SD card that you install.
    The "external_sd" refers to the SD card while the inbuilt storage is simply called "sdcard".

If you still prefer to store your pics to the SD card by default, then change the option in Camera.
    In Camera, Settings -> Storage -> Memory Card. This should save the pics directly to SD card in future.

to move photos to sd card: go to applications, my files, create a folder on "sdcard" using menu key, then go home, dcim, camera, choose move using menu key, select photos, click move, select folder on sd card, click "move here".

- - - Updated - - -