Phone will not turn on!!!! Somebody Please Help!!!!

iceman12597

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
My Galaxy S II will not come on, when put on charge it will only show the loading screen that shows you battery status, but this screen will only show for about literally 1 secondthe shuts back off. The phone when plugged up to the computer with the battery out will still load into the dowloading mode. which makes no sense cause it is like the phone works in some areas but not in others. Samsung said what i was describing was not possible, ,but then again i seemed to have talked to a very stupid person who only looked at a computer screen... so SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
My Galaxy S II will not come on, when put on charge it will only show the loading screen that shows you battery status, but this screen will only show for about literally 1 secondthe shuts back off. The phone when plugged up to the computer with the battery out will still load into the dowloading mode. which makes no sense cause it is like the phone works in some areas but not in others. Samsung said what i was describing was not possible, ,but then again i seemed to have talked to a very stupid person who only looked at a computer screen... so SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!
The device does not need the battery to enter download mode since it is getting power from the USB cable. what led you to this problem? did you flash a rom or kernel? or were you stock and this happened out of no where?

iceman12597

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
stock, and happened out of no where... i got the screen and digitizer replaced from an old galaxy that had a broken charger and since then its been doing this

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
stock, and happened out of no where... i got the screen and digitizer replaced from an old galaxy that had a broken charger and since then its been doing this

but the screen does not shut off when in download mode so it sounds like a power issue? do you have another battery or charger to try?

iceman12597

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
my best friend addie doeshave the same phone and i tried her batter which works perfectly fine andit didnt change a thing, sorry i forgot to mention that

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

We can try to reflash the software but since you didn't originally flash anything custom this is a long shot to work. If flashing software doesn't work then I would assume something is not connected properly in the phone after swapping the digitizer

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

willimandala

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I have a similar problem.could you help me to:)
I was updating tru download mode and suddenly the power went out in my house and the phone
got disconnected. now I can not get into root mode or download mode nor is anything happening?

does anyone have any idea?i did the usual and took out the battery for a hour and back in but still nothing.
but when I leave the battery in for a hour in the phone the phone gets hot.
I feel that its trying to go into reboot mode but has no software cause of a crash?
any ideas?
I read if I plug the phone into Linux it may be able to pick it up the phone and I could install cwm?

thanks

- - - Updated - - -

I have a similar problem.could you help me to:)
I was updating tru download mode and suddenly the power went out in my house and the phone
got disconnected. now I can not get into root mode or download mode nor is anything happening?

does anyone have any idea?i did the usual and took out the battery for a hour and back in but still nothing.
but when I leave the battery in for a hour in the phone the phone gets hot.
I feel that its trying to go into reboot mode but has no software cause of a crash?
any ideas?
I read if I plug the phone into Linux it may be able to pick it up the phone and I could install cwm?

thanks