Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Patrick Schroedl
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default No phone or data service unless in AT&T hotspot

Weird issue, I get no phone or data service unless I am in an AT&T hotspot. Anybody know what the issue could be?

Samsung Galaxy S2 i777
    I've had the phone about 2 years and have had no problems until last week when I changed out the micro usb port.
    Any thoughts are welcome, particularly related to how access within a hotspot is different than outside of one.

Thanks!
    Steve

Default Re: No phone or data service unless in AT&T hotspot

When you're not connected to an AT&T hotspot, what does the network status show as? You can check in Settings (should be along the lines of Settings > About > Status), look for 'Network', 'Signal strength', 'Mobile network type', 'Service state', and 'Mobile network state'.

It's possible something got knocked around while replacing the microUSB port, and as a result the phone isn't able to connect to any mobile networks. I'd try removing, checking, and re-inserting the SIM card while the phone is off if you haven't already.
    Thanked by:
    UJ95x 
    UJ95x likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: No phone or data service unless in AT&T hotspot

Hi Patrick,
    Thanks for you reply and good question -- I'll check on those details next time at at a Hotspot and report back.

I've tried removing/replacing SIM card to no effect.