problem:headphones play only out of ine ear, and the jack isnt faulty

sirlans

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
hello.. ive been looking for an answer every where for this one and could find.
i have Sg2 with ICS 4.0 android, ive wanted to buy a new pair of headphones for it, yet every headset ive tried in the shop plays out of only in one ear. thats includes Beats solo, Sony zx and so on, thats while my old sucky chinese company headphones work fine. ive tried to use Beats with my old cable from the chinese headphones and still it plays out of one ear (but fine if plugged to a laptop). that means the jack in the phone is ok i guess.
in the accessibility menu there is no setting that allows to change to mono in my phone, so its not that problem either.

do you know what can be done?
is it possible thats my android ver is responsible for it? (ill have to pay someone to update it if so, cause i dont realy know how to do it my self and it seems kinda hard in the tutorials)
or is Sg2 is just to old in its hardware to be compatible with current day headphones?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Not all headphone jacks are compatible with all headphones, especially the ones that have additional features like remote control and microphone. Compare the headphone plugs of the ones that don't work to the ones that do--are the bands all lined up, or are they offset?

sirlans

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
i used my old cable and plugged it into the beats solo,in which you can replace the cable. with it when plugged into a laptop the beats sounds ok, but when plugged into my phone they have the same problem with this cable that worked just fine with my old ones. my cable is new and is the same as in many new headphones, so the cable doesnt seems to be the problem. have any one experienced that problem or is it just me?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Beats headphones are sometimes designed specifically for iOS devices as well, so check the package.

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

sirlans

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
tried diffrent headphones. not only beats. by the way ive updated my android version and its still the same. dont know what to do

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa