Samsung Has A New Galaxy S With Dual Core Processor With Amoled Plus Screen!

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Samsung says the Galaxy S successor to arrive with a dual-core processor and Super AMOLED Plus screen

Samsung-says-the-Galaxy-S-successor-to-arrive-with-a-dual-core-processor-and-Super-AMOLED-Plus-screen.jpg

Samsung has moved forward and have officially confirmed the Galaxy S2 will sport a dual-core processor, as well as a Super AMOLED Plus screen.

Here is what the report from Samsung says:

"Samsung announced it will introduce the successor to its Galaxy S smartphone during the first half of 2011, featuring a dual-coreprocessor and Super AMOLED Plus display to further enrich user experience. With its growing lineup, the company is targeting smartphone sales of 60 million units for the year, double that of 2010. In the tablet market, Samsung will complement its Galaxy Tab with a range of devices to optimally meet various user needs."

samsung-galaxy-s2-MWC.jpg

Source Phone Arena via Samsung Hub

HKM

Banned
Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Considering the past I myself would never allow Samsung to serve me with any products. Same as many I also took hard stance on anti-Samsung as they keep following against consumers sentiments.

Also for some silly reason Samsung is heavily focusing its hardware based on multimedia yet in real world its another story. But this is nevertheless good competition, BTW fanboys don't start the Hummingbird vs Snapdragon BS here unless you have basic understanding of hardware and software level of ARMvX sets. As I'm aware sgx540 is slightly better than amd z460, let's leave it at that for now.

Sent from my HTC Glacier

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Ahh it just something else they'll leave people without any fixes or updates again it was a cool phone to hack and watch movies on but over sucked its all for sales just like there making a Samsung vibrant 2 with the update it should have already and a front face camera that we could do as well if you don't care about hacking and taking time to take it apart ;-) I LOVE HACKING PHONES HAHA

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

HKM

Banned
Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
LOL as being on TMoUS I agree with you and the whole move by Samsung made me laugh and go more against it. When Vibrant first came out it had potentials but as problem with graphic, lag, gps, came LOL Samsung was no where to be seen.

Now with same BS device they made second epic release naming it Vibrant 4G and indirectly implying its capable of 21mbps the theoretical HSPA+ Rv1 which praying on ignorant new users who does not know any better.

Even if Samsung were to give me free device I will NOT accept it. I know some might say its free just take it and sell it. Well I'm young and I earned my own money and there are things money can't buy in this case. I'll go with HTC, Motorola, Nokia but not Samsung as they shouldn't be allowed to build anything other then TV.

Sent from my HTC Glacier

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Haha right but I couldn't believe that they would come out with a high supposed end phone then make so many sales ditch that make a nexus s then come out with nothing for other oldish new phones and then make a new phone for T-Mobile they should have said no to that after all the crap the have to take for there choice in taking the first galaxy s phone.

but your right I said this before there all about there money and will pray on new not knowing customers and then Dodge the problem and say here you go here is a new and improved phone but you'll have to pay for this one lol I will not pay for another Samsung phone unless it where a TV and it better be 3D lmao cuz a friend has one it actually is good but there are a tons more where those are coming from too

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Im getting one when verizon makes the next gen available. updates dont much matter as long as my phone runs as well as my fascinate has... the only real glitch i have come along is the DL09 usb support thing. other than that my GPS got me from jersey to GA and back twice so im happy with the my phone

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
a galaxy s2 with dual core hummingbirds and samoled+ is my dream phone -- or the one after that ;) -- samsung os updates aside

edit
just read somewhere their dual core is tagged "orion" and not hummingbird, my bad

Last edited:
Reactions: HiT0

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
a galaxy s2 with dual core hummingbirds and samoled+ is my dream phone -- or the one after that ;) -- samsung os updates aside

That shouldn't be your dream phone and that will most likely not be what will be in the Galaxy S2. Instead of dual core hummingbirds, it would have the Orion dual processor which is 5 times more powerful (supposedely) than a Hummingbird currently is.

HAAS599

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Galaxy S2 is going to be awesome just like the first line of Galaxy S.

I have an Epic and don't plan on getting rid of it anytime soon as it does everything I need but I will still be drooling over these new phones.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
That shouldn't be your dream phone and that will most likely not be what will be in the Galaxy S2. Instead of dual core hummingbirds, it would have the Orion dual processor which is 5 times more powerful (supposedely) than a Hummingbird currently is.

yeah my bad just read that somewhere on the net (the orion dual core that is).
and i was hoping the vz samsung that dropped at ces would be galaxy s2 fam, dual core, samoled plus, etc, instead we get that pointed-chin looking samsung 4g lte piece.

i dont have a samsung phone currently but i do really like the look and feel of their current galaxy lineup (issues aside). I would definitely be all over an s2 a year from now if they come through to verizon with something competative

beandon

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
The dual-core is an awesome addition and definitely worthy of a new device but everything else just seems like the Vibrant 1.5. Samsung is quickly becoming one of the greatest love/hate relationships the tech world over. Some people praise them for their awesome hardware and others despise due to inadequate Customer Service and lack of updates and fixes. Being an owner of the original Vibrant, I am happy with my device and the way it is currently working, would really like a more steady stream of updates, but they have me on the fence about their products with their customer service and support. I guess time will tell if i will purchase another samsung handset or not. Give me some more updates and that'll push me in the right direction. Continue to disregard the handsets that you unleash on the world and focus your efforts on new handsets with minimal software and hardware upgrades and i believe that Samsung will start to lose some revenue. But who knows for sure?
No one

Just an opinion. Ha

egginator

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I don't know why people want to rely on official updates when Cyanogenmod exists. As long as there is support for that, I will be a very happy camper. Back to the original topic, I'm super psyched for the Galaxy S2. I was going to go for the Optimus 2X if it came out for T-Mo but I've always had a soft spot for the Super AMOLED displays Samsung has. Also, now that the subpixels issue has been attenuated with SAMOLED Plus, I don't think I'll have any problems with that screen. =)

beandon

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I don't know why people want to rely on official updates when Cyanogenmod exists. As long as there is support for that, I will be a very happy camper.

I dont know why people automatically assume everyone who owns an android device has it rooted and has ultimate control.

Some people dont root their handsets and rely on the manufacturer for the updates that they, themselves said that they would provide to us.

XXXdc5

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I would definitely buy their new galaxy except their phones feel like plastic toys, random GPS issues for the first 9months after launch is pathetic, and their software updates are almost nonexistent. pretty much the only thing going for it is the screen since dual core is going to be everywhere pretty soon

egginator

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I dont know why people automatically assume everyone who owns an android device has it rooted and has ultimate control.

Some people dont root their handsets and rely on the manufacturer for the updates that they, themselves said that they would provide to us.

I don't assume that everybody has root. I'm just assuming that the people who want updates badly enough will root. So don't put words in my mouth when what I said can be interpreted in many ways.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty