Tempered Glass Screen Protector

MBSMD

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
I ended up with dust particles building up underneath the Spectre's glass. Had to take it off.

I had this on my phone for a few days and I'll post my pros and cons here.

Pros:
- Felt really smooth and naked
- Very easy installation; out of any screen protectors, these were the easiest and simplest
- The white edges lined up very well with my phone; it didnt look awkward or anything

Cons:
- I don't know if anyone else noticed, but there are tiny dots all over the screen. I guess some people don't mind but I found them to be very annoying, esp. when I'm watching videos or checking email
- Problems with proximity sensor; I've emailed them about it and apparently, they know about it and are sending me new ones
- Rainbow effect
- Recessed home button; it's hard for me to press them

I should have taken a picture of it before I removed them but after they told me they were going to send revised version, I took mine out and threw them away. If I put on the new ones, I'll post pics. :)

Necrocis

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
So there is an issue with the Spectre and the proximity sensor? I have some weird behavior with my phone since I installed it. When I make a call often the screen will black out and not come back until the call is completed. Nothing works to bring the screen back either.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Necrocis

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site

glassygurl

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Here is the response I received from XGear:

Yes there is, however unfortunately as of now we ask that you either return the item(s) for a full refund or exchange it for the Pebble Blue model, which does not have this issue.

Thank you,

Poya Moradi XGear

Follow XGear online! Twitter: XGear (XGearLive) on Twitter FaceBook: XGear - Local Business - San Juan Capistrano, CA | Facebook XGear Blog: Blog | XGearlive

I posted this on a different thread but I'll repost:

I also had problems with the proximity sensor. I received mine last week with the Curved Crystal and decided to try this one on first because it was glass. The dots drive me crazy but I already knew about this before I purchased so... just didn't know it was this bad. However, like someone mentioned, I've been having problems with the proximity sensor so I wrote to them and they sent me a revised version. After receiving it, I see that they blacked out the sensor part... or at least they tried to because i'm still having issues with it. My phone gets really hot when I'm on the phone because the screen won't turn off... or sometimes the screen just stays dark. Am going to return and see if they'll give me a full refund since this seems to be a defective product. :(

if you don't mind getting the blue one for your white S3, then it won't be an issue since there's no problem with the blue cover. However, if you want the white one, you're basically out of luck because the revised versions still have problems. I recommend emailing them and asking them if they can do a full refund.

spicy

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Waited over as week to get my white spectre in, and it arrives, its a black fantom for the nexus.

I dont recommend this company, at all.

tomar264

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone tried the Spigen tempered glass protector? I installed the Xgear yesterday and I love the feel of it but the dotted grid pattern is highly noticeable with the screen on, lots of little rainbow dots. One article said this was due to a UV protective coating. The only other brand I've seen so far is Spigen but I don't know if it's the same manufacturer and has the same issues.

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
There is another thread on this subject and in there, people discuss the fit of various brands and how they do or don't fit the curvature of the screen. Sorry I can't search out the link for you right now.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

Necrocis

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I went ahead and returned mine for refund. Hopefully I receive a prompt refund, the white version appears to be out of stock now. I wonder why? I also noticed while removing it there was quite a bit of dirt around the edges. There should not of been any.

ki4cgs

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Just installed the Glas screen protector from spigen and it is awesome. No grid or dots, super clear and fits perfectly.

Any updates after using the Gals protector for a few days? Do you think it will work with a defender Otterbox (without its built-in screen of course)?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

glassygurl

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I've been using the GLAS on my S3 and I really like it. It fits with my Otterbox no problem. There are no proximity issues and no dots! Yay! However, I think you have to install it in a particular way and not press the middle but the edges. I messed up on my install and emailed them and they sent me a new one with instructions. Good customer service.
Here's link just in case anyone is interested: Samsung Galaxy S3 Screen Protector GLAS Premium Tempered Glass Series | SPIGEN SGP

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I've been using the GLAS on my S3 and I really like it. It fits with my Otterbox no problem. There are no proximity issues and no dots! Yay! However, I think you have to install it in a particular way and not press the middle but the edges. I messed up on my install and emailed them and they sent me a new one with instructions. Good customer service.
Here's link just in case anyone is interested: Samsung Galaxy S3 Screen Protector GLAS Premium Tempered Glass Series | SPIGEN SGP

You're using the commuter?

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Perhaps I'll do the same in the near future. Get the defender and rip out the screen protector. Use the tempered glass protectors, either spigen or the other brand, forgot the name.

paradroid

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I wish I new about this type of screen protector before I went with the Zagg invisible shield extreme last weekend.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress