Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Seidio Releases 3500 mAh Extended Life Battery for Galaxy S3 [NFC Now Available!]

Hello All,

We are excited to inform fellow Android Central members that our Innocell 3500mAh Super Extended Life Battery for the Samsung Galaxy S3 is finally here and now shipping! It is available via Seidio and coming soon to the Android Central store! (This battery does not have NFC, but there will be a NFC version coming in September.) Here are some pictures:

We also have a case that is compatible with the extended battery called the SURFACE Extended Case and SURFACE Extended Combo. Here are some pictures:

Last edited by seidioseidio; 09-18-2012 at 05:36 PM.
    SEIDIO
    forum@seidio.com

Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google+ for special savings and new product updates!
    joharie77 likes this.

Default Re: Seidio Releases 3500 mAh Extended Life Battery for Galaxy S3

Exciting. I'd like to see a case with a kickstand that would fit this tho....
    websterzx10r1 likes this.

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

no NFC.. bummer. question is, so it's a case also in theory?
    not a battery door..

how much cost?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by eatonjb View Post
    no NFC.. bummer. question is, so it's a case also in theory?
    not a battery door..
    There will be a NFC version coming in September (and can be pre-ordered). The extended battery comes with a replacement battery door because the battery is bigger than the stock battery and will not fit in the stock battery door. This door is not considered a case.

There is a separate case that you can purchase called the SURFACE Extended that will be compatible with the extended battery.

Quote Originally Posted by alangoal View Post
    how much cost?
    3500 mAh Extended Life Battery is US$69.95 (with NFC version is US$74.95)

SURFACE Extended case is US$29.95

SURFACE Extended Combo is US$49.95
    SEIDIO
    forum@seidio.com

Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google+ for special savings and new product updates!

Global Posts
    1,857 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

Cool might pick one up soon. Is the battery door the smallest it can be? The battery doesnt seem that big of a difference from the oem battery but the battery door looks huge.

What Percent increase will the battery give you?

Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    There will be a NFC version coming in September (and can be pre-ordered). The extended battery comes with a replacement battery door because the battery is bigger than the stock battery and will not fit in the stock battery door. This door is not considered a case.

There is a separate case that you can purchase called the SURFACE Extended that will be compatible with the extended battery.

3500 mAh Extended Life Battery is US$69.95 (with NFC version is US$74.95)

SURFACE Extended case is US$29.95

SURFACE Extended Combo is US$49.95
    Why the absorbant cost here??? Just got my 4000 mah battery 2 days ago and so far i'm getting 17 hours out of it with very heavy usage while on Sprint. This is sickening price!!!

Quote Originally Posted by truthteller10 View Post
    Why the absorbant cost here??? Just got my 4000 mah battery 2 days ago and so far i'm getting 17 hours out of it with very heavy usage while on Sprint. This is sickening price!!!
    That's not a lot of talk time for such a big battery. The price seems to be about right though. I paid $99 for my Mophie which is 2000 mah.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    If I were never here, you would never know.

Thats on Sprints network going through updates so Sprint drains your battery tremendously. Also, I have several widgets going with email, FB, Twitter and Instagram all pushing through messages. At 17 hours Ill still have 20 percent battery remaining. And this is at a WONDERFUL cost of 21 bucks with shipping included. I'd be a FOOL to pay this much for a battery and its accessories. This price is higher than Best Buy which is ridiculous.!!! Go to Amazon and get a much better battery at a third of the cost. Hyperion for the WIN!
    Thanked by:
    jldoom 

Did I also mention that its NFC
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by Tkbredx View Post
    Cool might pick one up soon. Is the battery door the smallest it can be? The battery doesnt seem that big of a difference from the oem battery but the battery door looks huge.
    The battery door is manufactured to fit snug with the extended battery, and the extended battery is about the size of two OEM batteries stacked on top of one another.

Quote Originally Posted by CSI Guy View Post
    What Percent increase will the battery give you?
    You can expect to get about 60% increase in battery life over the OEM battery, but that will also vary depending on the amount of usage of each user.
    SEIDIO
    forum@seidio.com

Thanked by 2:

70$ for a battery? I payed 15 for my 4300 mah extended battery
    Thanked by:

Which battery do you have?
    Last edited by bavaria; 08-22-2012 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Sorry, wrong place

Quote Originally Posted by Chaox View Post
    yea a piece of battery, with a horrible back cover (if one was even included).

Quote Originally Posted by Chaox View Post
    So you paid 15 Euro for 4300MaH battery can i ask where i would like to get one for my S3

The Seidio name is what you're paying for here. I own a Hyperion 4200mah that lasts me days of heavy use ; gaming, music and web surfing, without a charge. It was built with grade A cells AND it's nfc enabled. It cost me no more than $25 shipped from amazon. Don't pay such a ridiculous price for their brand name rip off. This battery probably cost Seidio less than $5 to manufacture per unit. Same thing with Mugen batteries....just another company full of rip off artists.

Edit: Yes the back cover is nothing special...no fancy engraving or metallic print. But is any of that necessary? Much less worth paying 50 more? It gets the job done and if you use the custom tpu case, also made by Hyperion, then the back plate is irrelevant is it not?
    Last edited by eul0gy06; 08-24-2012 at 02:58 PM. Reason: additional content.
    Thanked by:
    truthteller10 likes this.

After a certain point, you only get an incremental increase in quality per dollar spent. I bought at extra 2200 mah Anker battery for $8 shipped. That is chump change and I can't tell the difference from stock aside from no NFC. For $90 for a Mophie, that is a lot of batteries I could get.

I will bet money that none of the branded batteries are produced in the U.S. or in-house but is sourced from the same factories as everyone else. There is no way to be cost effective at their production levels or else fixed costs would be way too high.

If you're willing to pay more money, then pay it for what is hopefully a better designed battery cover to go along with the extended. Usually, they are pretty atrocious with the cheaper batteries.

Quote Originally Posted by bavaria View Post
    Which battery do you have?
    Hyperion 4200 Mah battery with NFC including S&H cost me 22 bucks. The battery is amazing. I'm 17 hrs with screen time at 6 hrs and still have 20% juice remaining.
    Android Connaisseur

Global Posts
    2,604 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by truthteller10 View Post
    Hyperion 4200 Mah battery with NFC including S&H cost me 22 bucks. The battery is amazing. I'm 17 hrs with screen time at 6 hrs and still have 20% juice remaining.
    That's really good. Anyone test the Seidio version yet?

Arrow Re: Seidio Releases 3500 mAh Extended Life Battery for Galaxy S3

Quote Originally Posted by eul0gy06 View Post
    Yes the back cover is nothing special...no fancy engraving or metallic print. But is any of that necessary? Much less worth paying 50 more? It gets the job done and if you use the custom tpu case, also made by Hyperion, then the back plate is irrelevant is it not?
    I have the same battery, and the door now has a small crack by the charging port. The OEM door is also slick, the Hyperion one is no worse its just no better, and it did develop the crack. I got the TPU case (only on that fits over the Hyperion battery) and it is not much easier to hold on to than the door that came with the battery. Its also fairly stiff and does not have a good feel to it in my opinion. the Seidio standard soft touch "rubbery" casing is much better, and you have the option to get the case as well. The Hyperion battery and case are under $30, while the Seidio ones are under $100 so the price difference is real. It's worth the money for me, though it may not be for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by eul0gy06 View Post
    I own a Hyperion 4200mah that lasts me days of heavy use ; gaming, music and web surfing, without a charge.
    My Hyperion does not have NFC, is there a new version?

Are there any plans to sell the battery door separately? I'd be interested in buying the battery door to replace mine so i can use it with my seido holster :|
    Thanked by:
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Quote Originally Posted by knightblaze View Post
    Are there any plans to sell the battery door separately? I'd be interested in buying the battery door to replace mine so i can use it with my seido holster :|
    We don't sell the battery doors on our website, but you can contact our customer service department at 832-204-1118 to order one over the phone.
    SEIDIO
    forum@seidio.com

Global Posts
    1,857 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

anyone have pictures on the size of this battery? If you have it please review it..I can't find one review or video on it.

If this is the same size as Hyperion 4200 battery than I will just get that one but if it's slim I'll get it
    Last edited by Tkbredx; 09-10-2012 at 08:28 PM.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast