First review of the GS3 is here

snoopyandroid

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I'll be the first to say it. According to this one review, the S3 is overall better than the X. Having said that, other reviewers may not agree and, of course, this is the Inter version. We still have to wait for an N/A review.

"The Samsung Galaxy S III is a spectacular phone. A big part of what makes it spectacular is its incredible specs sheet. Yeah, although its specs can easily be rivaled by strong competitors like the HTC One X, which also has a quad-core processor and the other beloved tech goodies, the Galaxy S III manages to shine brighter, thanks to its superior user experience. It doesn't falter as far as core functionality goes, and it even takes care of the minor stuff, trying to improve every possible aspect of your usage."

This was funny:

Samsung has once again nailed it with the Galaxy S III and HTC better sell as many of those One Xs while it still can, because the king of the Android jungle is back, and it seems to be very pissed off.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
First doesn't mean best. Reminds me of troll commenters that say nothing other than "FIRST!!!" and add nothing to the conversation. Spend some time with the device. Test it in more than one situation. See how it feels after a week. Then give us the review (clearly they weren't rushed by Samsung, because they acquired this in "another" way)

Hangfire#AC

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Is it wrong of me to agree with the review as far as the ceramic coating? That review also seemed a little back-handed. The camera is good but not great, the design is good but not great, the screen is good, etc. Saying the phone is top of the class but half the article says good but not great.

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I would've liked the review to be a bit more detailed. It didn't really offer much over their 'preview'. To be honest I think they didn't spend enough time with the phone, I want a reviewer to use it for a week in a variety of situations (e.g. to test signal quality and radios).

But they'll probably get a bunch of page views :)

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Well I think Moe might like this phone, but I KNOW Larry would! But as its been pointed out, it needs to get into the public's hands for a while so we can see how it operates in the real world over a period of time.

The rating of 9.3 stars is pretty stellar too. What's most interesting is Sammy's decision to keep with the same type of build materials as the S2 rather than departing to something a bit more luxurious for the flagship. Regardless, it looks to be another potential iPhone killer AS LONG AS it gets released in the US soon!

Moe, Larry, Cheese!!! Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk.. Woop.. woop.. woop!

SOITAINLY!! :-$

Hangfire#AC

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
With the extra battery capacity you would have thought they could have upgraded in the screen department without sacrificing too much. Isn't pentile old technology? Plastic? Really? The hardware specs sound amazing but the screen and build materials seem a little second rate yah? Of course none us have it in hand so who to know, this is just my thinking thus far.

snoopyandroid

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
First doesn't mean best. Reminds me of troll commenters that say nothing other than "FIRST!!!" and add nothing to the conversation. Spend some time with the device. Test it in more than one situation. See how it feels after a week. Then give us the review (clearly they weren't rushed by Samsung, because they acquired this in "another" way)

If you read my post you'll see I have other comments other than "FIRST!!!" I did say "that other reviewers may not agree and, of course, this is the Inter version. We still have to wait for an N/A review."

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
If you read my post you'll see I have other comments other than "FIRST!!!" I did say "that other reviewers may not agree and, of course, this is the Inter version. We still have to wait for an N/A review."

I definitely wasn't referring to you. More to the fact that sites rush to get reviews done when they could've spent a little more time with the phone and been more thorough.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I definitely wasn't referring to you. More to the fact that sites rush to get reviews done when they could've spent a little more time with the phone and been more thorough.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
That makes sense. You weren't the only one who felt it seemed rushed.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Read some more articles that were posted in this forum explaining Samsungs reasons for their choice of materials used. These lame criticisms of cheap plastic and Pentile technology are getting very old.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: hounddogdaddy

Chdwil

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Read some more articles that were posted in this forum explaining Samsungs reasons for their choice of materials used. These lame criticisms of cheap plastic and Pentile technology are getting very old.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Samsungs reason for a Pentile display is ridiculous. Because they felt it would last longer. This is complete garbage as most buyers of this phone will have upgrade long before display life comes into play. It isn't like your buying a tv that should last for 10-15 years. I want the best display possible on the flagship phone. My guess is they will release the next Nexus with a non Pentile screen. So the s3 won't be their flagship for long.

And still no US release date is a shame. Is Apple so strong in the US that they have to release in Europe first?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Samsungs reason for a Pentile display is ridiculous. Because they felt it would last longer. This is complete garbage as most buyers of this phone will have upgrade long before display life comes into play. It isn't like your buying a tv that should last for 10-15 years. I want the best display possible on the flagship phone. My guess is they will release the next Nexus with a non Pentile screen. So the s3 won't be their flagship for long.

And still no US release date is a shame. Is Apple so strong in the US that they have to release in Europe first?

I'm also waiting for release date from sprint. I really want the gs3 but as more phones such as the evo lte comes out, it is becoming harder and harder to wait on it's release.

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm also waiting for release date from sprint. I really want the gs3 but as more phones such as the evo lte comes out, it is becoming harder and harder to wait on it's release.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

Well now you can thank Apple for an indefinite delay of the Evo 4G LTE. That's going to hurt HTC and if Samsung gets the GS3 out fast enough, it will definitely help their sales.

Chdwil,

You're assuming the display is ready. We don't know what's going on behind the scenes. Just because it's been sampled and showed up in some prototypes doesn't mean production is ready to go. There are timeframes to be considered. You guys that complain about the pentile display seem to think that Samsung is being evil and hide all the good stuff from us, they do things for a reason.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Well now you can thank Apple for an indefinite delay of the Evo 4G LTE. That's going to hurt HTC and if Samsung gets the GS3 out fast enough, it will definitely help their sales.

Chdwil,

You're assuming the display is ready. We don't know what's going on behind the scenes. Just because it's been sampled and showed up in some prototypes doesn't mean production is ready to go. There are timeframes to be considered. You guys that complain about the pentile display seem to think that Samsung is being evil and hide all the good stuff from us, they do things for a reason.

The main reason is to make money. Let's not forget that. They don't care what we want, and if they pretend to it's because they don't want to sound like a greedy company (this applies to all phone manufacturers).

Hangfire#AC

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
In all matters of opinion, debate is futile. I'm entitled to voice my opinion and if posts like mine are getting old, feel free to pay them no mind and move along. People posting about posts that are getting old are getting old. Samsungs choice in building material and screen technology is poor, imo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad