Why are my menu and back button icons blinking occasionally?

rasanders1960

May 25, 2014
Visit site
I bought the new Samsung Galaxy S 10.5 tablet, and after a few days I ended up dealing with an adware issue. Along with that, I saw where my menu and back button icons would blink on occasion, about every 30-60 seconds or so. They would blink together for about a half a second. Well, I did a factory reset and then it cleared up. However, now I still have the blinking problem. It's a bit annoying, but tolerable. I was wondering if anyone else was realizing the same problem. I appreciate any advice and help... thanks! :)

rasanders1960

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Re: My menu and back button icons blink accasionally...

As a followup, I called Samsung and they suggested I take it to Best Buy and see what they can do. So eventually I will do that, but still open to any suggestions or if anyone else is seeing the same issue with theirs. Thanks!

ZeDingo

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site

"The four keys at the bottom of the phone are monitored by a melfas touchkey chip that connects to the main processor via an I2C bus. The melfas chip generates an interrupt whenever one of the keys is touched or released. The processor then reads the key value from this chip over the i2c bus. The problem is that the touchkey chip is located right next to the 3G antenna. When the phone is accessing the 3G network the RF energy gets transferred to the interrupt and i2c clock and data lines causing false interrupts to occur."

Thread: "[BUG FIX] Phantom keypress and screen shot" on XDA-Developers. We have a Fascinate here, and we've never had a false interrupt that we've noticed. However I have had to factory reset to get those buttons to work again after 7~ months of use.

rasanders1960

May 25, 2014
Visit site

Here's the solution I discovered... go to display settings and change the "Touch key light duration." I changed mine to always on. :)