New to smartphones and Samsung Questions on using internet

maryann ns

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi:

I just got this phone. I have no SIM card until I go overseas next month, but it is working on wi-fi. I have downloaded the instruction manual but it is not answering my questions.

I can do a search on google but when the results come up I cannot click (touch, tap) and activate a link. Is there some secret to this?

Secondly, I touched an icon at the top and now the phone is in incognito mode. I tried tapping it again but that does not take me out. Help!

third, in the row of tiny icons at the top of the screen, there is what looks like forward arrows. I trying to do things I now have four of these. What are they and how do I get rid of them?

Is there a place I can go on the net and get instructions for things like this. I am out in a rural area and don't know anyone with this phone.

thanks

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Hi:

I just got this phone. I have no SIM card until I go overseas next month, but it is working on wi-fi. I have downloaded the instruction manual but it is not answering my questions.

I can do a search on google but when the results come up I cannot click (touch, tap) and activate a link. Is there some secret to this?

Secondly, I touched an icon at the top and now the phone is in incognito mode. I tried tapping it again but that does not take me out. Help!

third, in the row of tiny icons at the top of the screen, there is what looks like forward arrows. I trying to do things I now have four of these. What are they and how do I get rid of them?

Is there a place I can go on the net and get instructions for things like this. I am out in a rural area and don't know anyone with this phone.

thanks

Welcome to Android Central. we would love to help you but in order to do so we need to know what carrier and model Samsung device you have as there are many different types and they are not all the same.

Strider2112

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
OK the last problems have gone away, but I still cannot click or tap on sites brought up by a google search. Are these not hot links??????

Hi, I've found that with the latest version of Google Now, I've had to press on the links a couple of times.

Could you please post a screen shot of exactly what you're having difficulty clicking on? It would be great if you could circle it in red (using paint or something), but if you can't then that's fine. This will help me visualize and possibly recreate your issue.

Is it possible for you to take a screen shot and show me which four arrows you are talking about?

And to the guy asking which device and carrier he is on, this was posted in the Canadian Galaxy S3 forum... It should be clear which device it is.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using AC Forums mobile app

maryann ns

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Strider, thanks for trying to help. I don't know how to take a screen shot. This is a whole new world to me! I will be away for a couple days but if you can tell me how to do that, I'll give it a go.

I can, with difficulty, press the links when using Firefox as a browser.

Strider2112

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Strider, thanks for trying to help. I don't know how to take a screen shot. This is a whole new world to me! I will be away for a couple days but if you can tell me how to do that, I'll give it a go.

I can, with difficulty, press the links when using Firefox as a browser.

You can take a screen shot by swiping with your Palm (if you have it enabled) or holding power and home button together. Take a gallivant through the settings of your phone.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using AC Forums mobile app

maryann ns

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Here I am again. I am making progress.

I just took a screen shot and I have it in dropbox. How do I attach it here? I cannot figure out the URL.