Rogers Galaxy S3 Water Damage indicators location

spcamero

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Hello there, first time poster so appologies if anything is amiss. I have a rogers Galaxy s3, Model SGH-i747. I've been working up North for a couple months and have not used my phone at all, it has just been sitting in my bag. When I got it out again, the phone screen seems to be having problems and I don't know why. I have a warranty and although I don't know how it could have gotten wet, i want to check if the water damage indicators have been tripped to see if its worth mailing in. The only one I have found is on the battery. There is no indicator underneath the battery on the back panel. I have looked online, but cannot figure out where the other indicators are. Can you help me out? I have taken apart the phone to find any, but no luck so far. Thanks a lot.

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately with you taking the phone apart to look inside you have voided your warranty. You may give it a try but if they determine it has been opened you may be out of luck. My indicator is on the battery and one under the battery next to the battery contacts.

crester

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately with you taking the phone apart to look inside you have voided your warranty. You may give it a try but if they determine it has been opened you may be out of luck. My indicator is on the battery and one under the battery next to the battery contacts.

I really doubt he voided the warranty... he just took the back cover off the phone!

jly660

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Hello there, first time poster so appologies if anything is amiss. I have a rogers Galaxy s3, Model SGH-i747. I've been working up North for a couple months and have not used my phone at all, it has just been sitting in my bag. When I got it out again, the phone screen seems to be having problems and I don't know why. I have a warranty and although I don't know how it could have gotten wet, i want to check if the water damage indicators have been tripped to see if its worth mailing in. The only one I have found is on the battery. There is no indicator underneath the battery on the back panel. I have looked online, but cannot figure out where the other indicators are. Can you help me out? I have taken apart the phone to find any, but no luck so far. Thanks a lot.

Hi, I have a S3 too from rogers and sadly I dropped it in water 6 months ago :S but it works now.
The water damage indicators will turn pink/red and there are only 2 spots one on the phone and one on the battery.