Problem with External USB Power Pack

MetalMarcus

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
So I recently bought a PNY 7800mAh dual port power pack because I travel a lot with work, and it doesn't seem with work with my phone at all. I started out with 4.1.1 rooted and it didn't work. So I erased everything on my phone, unrooted it, and updated it to 4.3 and it still doesn't work. Also have tried it on other devices and it works fine, so it seems like the problem is with my phone. I use multiples types and kinds of chargers too and they all work fine, I've never had a problem with charging my phone. Just these power packs don't seem to like me, :(
Things I've tried:
Different cords while testing them out before hand
Specific ways of plugging it in and turning it on
Other power packs (I tried a bunch at Future Shop and none worked)

Any advice would be super helpful, thanks!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Other power packs (I tried a bunch at Future Shop and none worked)
That's very strange - any of those power packs (including the one that you purchased) should work just fine. They all should be providing 5V @ 1A (or more; it doesn't hurt to use the higher capacity port) and that should work regardless.

I think there's a problem with your phone: perhaps just with the micro-USB port, perhaps with the charging circuit itself. You could try getting the micro-USB port replaced (ex: http://mobiletechvideos.mybigcommerce.com/samsung-galaxy-s-iii-usb-port-repair/) and see what happens.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

MetalMarcus

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
I think there's a problem with your phone: perhaps just with the micro-USB port, perhaps with the charging circuit itself. You could try getting the micro-USB port replaced (ex: Samsung Galaxy S III USB Port Repair -) and see what happens.
Thanks, I think I'll just buy one (or 10 apparently) off ebay and do it myself. Could be a possible solution. I've had the phone for over a year now and use that charge port a lot

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty