Total Newbie & KNOX Samsung 3S

creeve2014

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Let me start off by saying I am a complete newbie to cell phones period and just got this one a month or so ago. So far things have been good, but today I was being bugged to install some KNOX update (1.0 to 2.0 or something like that) and had no choice, I could put it off for a couple hours but could not ignore it. So I gave in and installed it.

So now things are different than they were before and I am confused if KNOX is actually installed at all as I can't find any icons or application anywhere. So bottom line, how do I get my phone back to the way it was before this intrusion. As I said, I am a newbie so speak real slow.

Just a couple of things I have noticed. Before the update I could update the weather app but did not have Location turned on, now it says turn on Location. All the icons (WIFI, battery, etc.) at the top of my phone are white, they used to be in color, green for battery and WIFI etc..

Any help is appreciated. Just ask if you need any info as I am not sure what would be needed to solve this.

Thanks

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
All the icons (WIFI, battery, etc.) at the top of my phone are white, they used to be in color, green for battery and WIFI etc.
From this description it sounds like you've received an update from 4.3 (Jelly Bean) to 4.4.x (KitKat). The other changes that you mentioned are to be expected as well.

I haven't read whether it's possible to downgrade from 4.4.x to 4.3, but since you're relatively new to all of this I wouldn't suggest trying that. You should spend some time to learn about the new behavior; at worst you can probably find some apps (ex. a 3rd party launcher) to customize the look of the UI to meet your preferences.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana