Can't add additional pages to Home screen on a Galaxy S3 Mini?

Andrishka

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I have read the manual and various online replies to this and the advice is that when I tap on any one of the home screens, I get the Home Screen menu, which *should* give me options to set wallpaper / add apps & widgets / add folder / add page. I get all of these EXCEPT the 'add page' option. There are currently 7 homes pages on my phone. Is this the maximum? I have read that I should be able to add as many as I want but I'm starting to wonder if this is just applicable for the 3 and not the Mini?

(For the record - I gotta say, although there are some updated functions from the Galaxy Ace that I've just upgraded from, I'm not crazy about how the texting now works and the auto-text is particularly frustrating. Plus the fact that the old chargers now don't seem to be any good with this version of the phone is reeeally annoying!)

Andrishka

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Chris. It's very confusing and misleading as the actual manual for my phone says that more can be added, and doesn't give a maximum:
Adding an item
Customise the Home screen by adding widgets, folders, or page.
Tap and hold the empty area on the Home screen, and then select one of the following
categories:
? Apps and widgets: Add widgets or applications to the Home screen.
? Folder: Create a new folder.
? Page: Create a new page.
Then, select an item and drag it to the Home screen.

Although I like the phone, I must say that I'm not very impressed at Samsung's user manuals. They tend to be pretty useless. And not everything is obvious when you try to figure it out for yourself.

Chris Miller14

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi it is confusing I just play around with it until I find out how it works. You can add more short cuts or widgets and wall paper on any screens by pressing the left menu button at the bottom. It gives you home and lock screen wall paper options . hope this helps it is a good phone I had one for a year then up graded for the s3.i think Samsung manuals get lost in translation

Posted via Android Central App