Endless contact list update

gabier

May 30, 2016
Visit site
Hello,

Big trouble with this Galaxy S3 (my wife's phone). For an unknown reason, the favourites disappeared, and it was impossible to access contacts any more. If I click on the "Contacts" icon, I get a black screen with an endless image circling for ever, and a permanent message "Contact list update"
impossible also to use any application that uses the contact application. Example : Impossible to dial a phone number because
at the second figure entered, it calls the contact application to search for a known number.
The journal exists and it is possible to call from there.
All contacts were stored on the Sim card, but there is no backup on a Google account.

We tried
- A restart
- Restart with removal of the the battery
- Insert a contact from the journal
Nothing worked

Despairing to find any solution, I suppressed the google account, stopped the contact application and emptied the cache, then recreate the google account, and activated a synchronization.
It did not work either
I read in this forum that another user had the same problem on a galaxy S6 and no solution was found but to go to a store. The end of the story was not given.

I expect that if I had a phone to put the SIM card in it, I could save the contacts to a google account and then reset the Galaxy S3 to the factory settings. My problem is that the SIM cards format has changed and the SIM card does not enter any of the phones around me.

Any other solution ?

:) gabier

Edit : We decided to reset the phone, and, after all basic settings, everything was OK. Even almost all the contacts were retrieved by the system on the SIM card. We were not hoping so much !!!
Problem SOLVED

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Glad you were able to recover the contacts. Now would be a good time to strongly consider transitioning those contacts over to a Google account (or Samsung account) so that they are always synced and safe somewhere in the cloud.

To move the contacts to a Google account, you'd have to export them to a .csv or .vcf file, then import them into your Google account. See this part of my guide: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...ndroid-updated-2015-lollipop.html#post3707512

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty