Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By CypherMax
  • 1 Post By rlb
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Mean ROM

Default June Release?

So, while watching the live feed via the comments by the AC guys, did I read it right, a June USA launch? That would be pretty consistent with Sprint and their big phones being launched in June every year.

I can't wait to get this phone, seems SUPER cool. The Evo has been a workhorse for me, but I'm ready for something else.

Default Re: June Release?

The US tour showing it off will be in June. Possible June release, but not set in stone.

US Tour, not US release date. July launch best case I would imagine.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ROM
    Mean ROM

Okay, it was hard to tell on the little chat feed thing.

Either way, sounds like a quick turnaround and I expect it to launch when the new Sprint 4G LTE fires up as well. Or at least I'm hopeful.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    Mean ROM

Per Engadget's report from London:

Okay, okay, it's here -- but when can you actually get your hands on Samsung's Galaxy S3? Well, if you're in Europe, you're looking at a May 29th release for the HSPA+ version. Those of us in North America, Japan and Korea will have to wait a bit longer for speed -- the LTE version of the handset will be hitting those areas in the summer. Specifically, it'll be arriving in the US in June.

Quote Originally Posted by Husker Z View Post
    Per Engadget's report from London:

Okay, okay, it's here -- but when can you actually get your hands on Samsung's Galaxy S3? Well, if you're in Europe, you're looking at a May 29th release for the HSPA+ version. Those of us in North America, Japan and Korea will have to wait a bit longer for speed -- the LTE version of the handset will be hitting those areas in the summer. Specifically, it'll be arriving in the US in June.
    The verge reported the same

I hope it is sooner but it seems reasonable to me that they would launch the LTE version 30 days later. June 29th time frame.
    Michael
    Samsung Galaxy S2 (stock)
    Avatar by Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Global Posts
    232 Global Posts

In the keynote the guy said that the 3G version was end of May and that the 4g version was coming to North America and Japan in December.

ROM
    Stock/Nova Prime

I'll wait till December if that means it comes with a A15 chip.
    poosh2010 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by iJITSU View Post
    In the keynote the guy said that the 3G version was end of May and that the 4g version was coming to North America and Japan in December.
    What I heard

3G version was end of May and that the 4g version was coming to North America and Japan in the summer.
    rlb

Global Posts
    287 Global Posts

He definitely said in the "summer". His accent made it sound like December.
    poosh2010 likes this.

Global Posts
    232 Global Posts

Ah! I stand happiry corrected.
    rlb

Global Posts
    287 Global Posts

I had to listen to it several times myself as initially I heard December as well. Then I saw a few other sites confirm the "summer" US launch.

Global Posts
    4,615 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

OOOh...that's where Cnet got the December thing for. I guess they have wax in their ears and didn't bring their glasses to miss what it said on that giant screen Samsung had there for the presentation.