June Release?

Husker Z

May 17, 2010
Visit site
So, while watching the live feed via the comments by the AC guys, did I read it right, a June USA launch? That would be pretty consistent with Sprint and their big phones being launched in June every year.

I can't wait to get this phone, seems SUPER cool. The Evo has been a workhorse for me, but I'm ready for something else.

Husker Z

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Okay, it was hard to tell on the little chat feed thing.

Either way, sounds like a quick turnaround and I expect it to launch when the new Sprint 4G LTE fires up as well. Or at least I'm hopeful.

Husker Z

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Per Engadget's report from London:

Okay, okay, it's here -- but when can you actually get your hands on Samsung's Galaxy S III? Well, if you're in Europe, you're looking at a May 29th release for the HSPA+ version. Those of us in North America, Japan and Korea will have to wait a bit longer for speed -- the LTE version of the handset will be hitting those areas in the summer. Specifically, it'll be arriving in the US in June.

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Per Engadget's report from London:

Okay, okay, it's here -- but when can you actually get your hands on Samsung's Galaxy S III? Well, if you're in Europe, you're looking at a May 29th release for the HSPA+ version. Those of us in North America, Japan and Korea will have to wait a bit longer for speed -- the LTE version of the handset will be hitting those areas in the summer. Specifically, it'll be arriving in the US in June.

The verge reported the same

iJITSU

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
In the keynote the guy said that the 3G version was end of May and that the 4g version was coming to North America and Japan in December.

Duke of BB

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
In the keynote the guy said that the 3G version was end of May and that the 4g version was coming to North America and Japan in December.

What I heard

3G version was end of May and that the 4g version was coming to North America and Japan in the summer.

rlb

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I had to listen to it several times myself as initially I heard December as well. Then I saw a few other sites confirm the "summer" US launch.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
OOOh...that's where Cnet got the December thing for. I guess they have wax in their ears and didn't bring their glasses to miss what it said on that giant screen Samsung had there for the presentation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez