Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Cool US Version S3 to have S4 & 2GB RAM

I have yet see any spec detail of US version, but I found one blogger claims Japanese version spec released by DoCoMo states it's LTE version has S4 snappy, 32GB internal, and 2GB RAM.

It also mention that US version will be same.
    So it becomes like,

International : Exynos 4 core, non-LTE, 1GB RAM, 16/32/64GB
    Japan & Other with LTE : S4 Snappy, LTE, 2GB RAM, 16/32GB
    Korean : Exynos 4 core, LTE,

I don't know how accurate his information is, but I will be happy to have Dual-core S4 and 2GB RAM over International one.

When will AT&T release this for us?

Default Re: US Version S3 to have S4 & 2GB RAM

I would like to see pre-orders starting on June 15th on AT&T.

Quote Originally Posted by jcp006 View Post
    I would like to see pre-orders starting on June 15th on AT&T.
    I expect some solid info after the release on the 29th. At least a date for the announcement event.

Sent from my Samsung SGH-i727 on ATT LTE

It is still speculation that the US version will be the same as the Japanese specs are showing. However logically it would be the case.

I mentioned in another thread for Canadian's anyways I am hearing June 17th is the date...carriers are doing demo's and web training on the GS3 this week.

Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock Galaxy S3

This has come up before and we all hope its true. The other changes expected are no physical home button, at least on Sprint's version.

2GB of RAM is meaningless, and will contribute precisely zero to the day to day experience of using the phone.

I would love 2gb just in case. I keep having to delete old apps on my epic because of no more room

Quote Originally Posted by derryj3 View Post
    I would love 2gb just in case. I keep having to delete old apps on my epic because of no more room
    RAM is not storage space.

Global Posts
    123 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Love Divine View Post
    2GB of RAM is meaningless, and will contribute precisely zero to the day to day experience of using the phone.
    I don't know the specifics of memory management on the S3, but RAM is not just used for running programs; unused RAM serves as a cache for the states of processes that recently completed, allowing them to restart much more quickly. So, in principle, doubling RAM from 1 to 2GB could have a substantial effect on user experience.
    Thanked by:
    Robes1NC and Tsudeily like this.

I just spoke with an AT&T customer service agent and i was told S3 will go on sale June 1. The phone will have 64 GB internal space and a micro sd slot. It will have a quad core A9.

Quote Originally Posted by freewillie View Post
    I just spoke with an AT&T customer service agent and i was told S3 will go on sale June 1. The phone will have 64 GB internal space and a micro sd slot. It will have a quad core A9.
    No offense, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Thanked by 2:
    Tsudeily and krump37 like this.

Lies

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    765 Global Posts

I'm going to hold you to that date. J/k lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

Well Samsung still hasnt released any details about the Galaxy S3 US variants
    Current phone im using: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    ROM
    The People's Rom 2.2

I can possibly see the phone going on pre-sale on June 1st. Odds of it actually being released on that day are somewhere between slim and none, and slim is already walking out the door. I'm waiting for it to be on Sprint, so hopefully they announce it soon for all carriers. I'm guessing they want it out prior to the olympics, so I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed.

Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I personally hope that the physical button is discarded in favor of the on screen buttons.

Please Verizon! Give our variant on screen buttons. I want more Google DNA in my device.

Sure I already have a Nexus, but I want more devices to fall in line with Googles vision.

Quote Originally Posted by Linebarrel86 View Post
    I personally hope that the physical button is discarded in favor of the on screen buttons.

Please Verizon! Give our variant on screen buttons. I want more Google DNA in my device.

Sure I already have a Nexus, but I want more devices to fall in line with Googles vision.
    I don't expect on screen buttons at all. Either keeps the home button, or all capacitive.
    Think it would be too big a change otherwise. Maybe on screen would be better, maybe with the SGS4

It will probably go for order on june 1st.

Probably have 32gb internal, though 64 would be great.
    (just installed 3 movies on my 32gb external sd card for my Gnote
    last night, turned it off over night only to wake up this morning with
    an "SD card error" losing everything i had on it.) GRRR!!!

Quad core eh? I didn't think LTE played well with Quad cores????
    Or is that just the Tegra?
    The only thing future proof in electronics is the electricity itself.

dmmarck "I love wiping myself!"

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    ROM
    MMuzzy 4.2

Maybe it will have 32gb internal and a SD Card slot that can take a 32gb card. Either way had the quad core been coming to the states I would consider selling my gnex and getting this, but as a dual core there is not enough reason for me to get it. For someone who hasn't bought a phone recently this would be a great option.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by bboykin87 View Post
    Maybe it will have 32gb internal and a SD Card slot that can take a 32gb card. Either way had the quad core been coming to the states I would consider selling my gnex and getting this, but as a dual core there is not enough reason for me to get it. For someone who hasn't bought a phone recently this would be a great option.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    I guess recent is a relative term. My 7 month old Skyrocket is BEGGING me to update to the SGS3.

Thanked by:

ROM
    CM7

Quote Originally Posted by Love Divine View Post
    Wrong. Look at the multitasking issues on the one x. That is caused by not enough ram. Samsung isn't going to be any better, and all the software extras are likely to make it worse.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums
    MOTH477 likes this.

Global Posts
    300 Global Posts

Right....and I will win the Mega Millions on June 1st!!

ROM
    AOKP ICS build 38

Quote Originally Posted by p2cactus View Post
    Wrong. Look at the multitasking issues on the one x. That is caused by not enough ram. Samsung isn't going to be any better, and all the software extras are likely to make it worse.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums
    I wouldn't bet on it, touchwiz historically has always been a very light skin vs sense. Even if it does come with just 1 gig of ram like the international version, videos has shown that it can run 6 apps in the background and not reset like the One X.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,910 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

The One X is also capable of doing that, but it's all up to how Samsung does it. HTC changed it (for the worse IMHO).
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.

I hope the info stating quad core is correct but I also thought quad core was not compatible with LTE. Whether it's quad or dual core this will be my next phone but I'm going to wait for the price to come down like when I got my Captivate for free on Black Friday 2010!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast