Easy Phone Tunes

Splange

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Is this app being terribly slow for anyone else? Transferring 12gb of music onto my galaxy s3 is taking well over 12 hours, which is completely ridiculous.

Splange

May 5, 2012
Visit site
When it finally finished there were
about 25 albums that couldn't be copied, I noticed that these were the first 25 in sorting order and the last to be copied. My theory is that it was having problems with these albums and was taking longer attempting to get them on.

I used kies to import the missing albums so I'm fine now but I'm curious as to why EPT didn't work.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums

felinawi

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
mine was also painfully slow... it sat on one song for over 10 minutes.. :( this is actually painful! how else can I get my music on here?

Splange

May 5, 2012
Visit site
mine was also painfully slow... it sat on one song for over 10 minutes.. :( this is actually painful! how else can I get my music on here?

Kies is a pretty solid option, just import the music files to your phone. You can choose device or external memory and it works for videos and photos too.

Downside is that it doesn't sync play counts.

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Well guys as much as I'd like to say this worked with my GS3, it does NOTHING. The PC app launches iTunes and with the phone app running, it recognizes my phone. But when I click Next to actually sync it, the window says my phone must have the app installed and guess what.. IT DOES! I've tried everything including disabling my anti-virus and the stupid thing just won't work..

Worse yet, I sent an email to the developer and they mostly ignore my questions..

Sorry but I cannot agree.. This program doesn't work with a Win XP computer with Kies installed, even though it says it does.. UGH!

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Me too.. it appears I'm going to have to get back to first base and bite the bullet. And that means investing in DRM removal software to get rid of the stupid protection code and then import my music to Kies to then transfer to my phone. I was hoping this Easy Phone thing would work but these folks STILL haven't responded to any of my emails.. They really suck!

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Matt.. I'm baffled. Many people have said the same thing but for the life of me, I cannot get it to work. I have iTunes installed on my laptop running Win XP SP3, and Kies is also installed. In fact I imported what unprotected files from iTunes to Kies and transferred the 40 or so tunes without any problem so Kies is working fine. When I launch Easy Phone on the laptop, it opens iTunes fine. Then I run the app on my phone and plug it in. Clicking through the set up, the software shows the i747 in the window. I click on it, and click Next. Then every time I do, the software says "you must have the app installed and running on your phone" and of course, it is. I just don't get what's going on here. And as I say, they do not respond to any emails which sucks.

Any ideas???

Splange

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Matt.. I'm baffled. Many people have said the same thing but for the life of me, I cannot get it to work. I have iTunes installed on my laptop running Win XP SP3, and Kies is also installed. In fact I imported what unprotected files from iTunes to Kies and transferred the 40 or so tunes without any problem so Kies is working fine. When I launch Easy Phone on the laptop, it opens iTunes fine. Then I run the app on my phone and plug it in. Clicking through the set up, the software shows the i747 in the window. I click on it, and click Next. Then every time I do, the software says "you must have the app installed and running on your phone" and of course, it is. I just don't get what's going on here. And as I say, they do not respond to any emails which sucks.

Any ideas???

Is your phone connected as MTP or as camera?

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
splange.. not sure what you mean by MTP or camera. There were no instructions anywhere that tell you to change any settings other than to make sure the phone app is installed and running, which it was. Again, when I plug the USB into my laptop, it shows the "Samsung i747" in the window, which I then highlight by clicking it, and then click "Next". When I do that the message pops up saying the phone app must be installed and running.

I actually tried uninstalling the PC software and re-installing only to have the same result. Meantime I took one more stab at emailing the developer with no response again.

Splange

May 5, 2012
Visit site
splange.. not sure what you mean by MTP or camera. There were no instructions anywhere that tell you to change any settings other than to make sure the phone app is installed and running, which it was. Again, when I plug the USB into my laptop, it shows the "Samsung i747" in the window, which I then highlight by clicking it, and then click "Next". When I do that the message pops up saying the phone app must be installed and running.

I actually tried uninstalling the PC software and re-installing only to have the same result. Meantime I took one more stab at emailing the developer with no response again.

When you plug your s3 in there should be a usb icon in your notification bar. Beside it should say either connected as media device or connected as camera, with the option to touch for other usb options. Some file transfer methods use MTP (connected as media device) others use PTP (connected as camera). Whatever it uses, it will only "see" your phone in that mode. I can't remember which one easy phone tunes uses but if it's not working you might try switching from one to the other.

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Am pretty sure it says Media Device when connected. But the fact remains that the PC software 'sees' the phone, but for some reason is not seeing that the phone app is installed and running. I would think the preferred connection type would be the MTP in this case.

In the end, the fact that the developers completely ignore a user having issues with their software shows little integrity. They obviously don't give a hoot whether it works or not.

Have already removed the software from both PC and phone and that's that. I think I'll leave a comment on the app site just in case they decide to read it.

localjrw

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy 3. iMac running OSX 10.8.3. Easy Phone Sync was incredibly slow with the USB set to MTP mode (the default).

Eventually worked out that if I stopped trying to copy music videos and digital booklets from iTunes then it worked well.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87