First ring low then sounds jump up - any fix for this?

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Now that my phone number has been ported over I called myself and noticed the first ring sounds out very low then jumps up to regular volume. I googled it and have seen others confirm this behaviour but I don't see any solutions. Anyone know? None of my previous phones every did that, and it's not the end of the world, but if I could fix it that would be great.

Rev.

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I cant confirm it on the GSIIIbut on the SII samsung considered this a feature users would enjoy. It's nice for alarm clocks not so awesome for ringtones. I never bothered finding away around it, I just live with it. Good luck to you, maybe someone will chime in with a useful reply.

wowpaw

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Don't have the phone yet but I coulda sworn this was a setting that could be either enabled or disabled. Have you tried looking around the volume settings?

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Yes, there is no setting for it. I know what you are referring to - ascending volume... I had it on my Droid 2 when the alarm went off, not the ringtone, but this is NOT ascending volume and there is no option for it I can find whatsoever. This is the first ring being low then a sudden jump to regular volume, not a slow gradual fade up to set volume. This appears to be a bug and as mentioned a search online reveals others having this issue.

Surprised no others here have mentioned it as I'm pretty sure every S3 is doing this.

Rev.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
144 views and not one person can confirm this? I know many of you on here posting have the phone... can a few of you at least confirm this behaviour? Thanks ;)

Rev.

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I have this same issue - not a big deal but definitely noticed it.

There is a setting for "smart alarm" in alarms that does this sort of ascending volume but that's obviously just for alarms - and I have it disabled anyways.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the replies guys and for confirming it. It happens even if I don't have it in the belt case, just sitting out on a table. Of course it's not a huge deal, would just be nice to have it start at full volume to prevent missing any rings or causing a delay for me to answer. Hopefully they will fix it in an update.

Rev.

jjb70

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies guys and for confirming it. It happens even if I don't have it in the belt case, just sitting out on a table. Of course it's not a huge deal, would just be nice to have it start at full volume to prevent missing any rings or causing a delay for me to answer. Hopefully they will fix it in an update.

Rev.
If it's happening on the desk and not for anyone else (including me), it may be an issue with your device. Try a hard reset first and then maybe swap it out.

lfmasieri

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue. I'm going to try to play with pocket mode today to see if it fixes it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

hoovhartid

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I've tried messing with settings, but I have not been able to change it :confused:

weird...

EDIT*
THREAD
just found this tho....I dunno about flashing random hacks with no source...hmm

Last edited:

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I've tried messing with settings, but I have not been able to change it :confused:

Yeah, at this point I'm just hoping they fix it in an update. Again, it's really no big deal at all... it would just be nice if Samsung fixed it. And nah, no chance in hell I'd try loading a third party ROM.

Rev.