Any good video stands that aren't cases out there?

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I don't want a kickstand case or anything, I keep mine in a belt pouch. But when the wife and I travel I like to watch some videos on the plane so some form of non-case stand would be nice to have. Back when we had iPhones (gasp, yeah I know) my wife got a small plastic free standing stand with her case. It was just a little plastic thingy that I could throw in a our carry on sack and use for pretty much any phone, but I can't find it anymore.

So, anything out there to prop up something like an S3 that isn't a whole case? I'm sure there must be something and with these phones all being so similar in size now it obviously doesn't need to be S3 specific. Thanks in advance.

Rev.

darigaaz12

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
search for suction cup kickstands, a few different varieties out there like these

Plunge Rubber Suction-Cup Kickstand With Wood Handle for iPhone, iPod and other Devices!

edit: also saw this homemade option

kickstand.jpg

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I actually found something on Amazon and went ahead and ordered it since it was so cheap - $2.85 and free shipping... aaaand I have Discover Card Reward points that Amazon let's me pay with so not a penny of out my pocket:

Amazon.com: Mini Universal Phone Stand Holder, Clear: Cell Phones & Accessories

Since the S3 is so light and I will never use the stand in portrait I think it may work just fine. But, keep the suggestions coming, I'm always up for something else tried and true ;)

Rev.

babracmmm

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I've used the iZel foldable, adjustable stand with my DInc and it has worked fine. I don't know if it will be big enough for the S3 with an Otterbox Commuter case on it though (which I'm doing). I believe their web site is izel.com.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yeezygaplogo