S3 Bluetooth Does NOT Auto Connect to Car

T_Virus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
It looks like you have to have your phone on, not screen timeout, to get it to automatically connect to bluetooth. I still have more research to do on this. When the phone asks if it can download contacts to your car, make sure you check off, DO NOT ASK AGAIN. Good luck. Post solutions.

Nope.

What I mean is as long as you have your settings showing BlueTooth Set to On, regardless if you phone is on or Screen Timed Out, It will auto connect, depending on your car's bluetooth. But regardless for the auto connect, you have to pair your phone with your car first.

Last edited:

jac-3

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I have a 2010 Buick Enclave, and it is not autoconnecting.
If I turn it off and back on, it connects, but my Pre (-) autoconnected.
I'm on Sprint.

Michele31415

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same probem with my Verizon S3. I can pair it OK to my 2009 Hummer and it works OK. I can pair it to my home AT&T DECT 6.0 Cell-Connect base station and that works fine. But my old phone, a very basic Samsung Juke used to automatically switch between the car and the house when I went from one to the other. The S3 does not. I have to manually go to the Bluetooth menu and click on the connection name to get it to connect.

Major PITA! Verizon is notorious for screwing with Bluetooth functionality. I guess they're still at it. If anyone's got a solution, I'd love to hear it.

lmdi19

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I had a similar problem -- turned bluetooth on and it connected to the car, but it would not play music. When I also enabled "driving mode," it started working just fine. I'm not sure if there's an easier way, but this works for me. I'm on Verizon.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Android Central Forums

fireidiot

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I have a 2011 Chevy Silverado and while it doesn't connect the music over blue tooth, and I plug into the USB jack and the radio displays not compatible. I am not too happy about this.

artpol

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Hello, I'm glad I found this post. I have S3 and exactly the same problem the difference is that I live in UK so my operator is GSM (t-mobile). rather than CDMA (Verizon). This looks like a global issue with S3. Before this I had HTC Desire (Bravo) which would seamlessly connect to .bt. phone and audio of my ISUZU D-Max (Colorado in US). Once it was paired that was it, never a problem. Now I have to fiddle while I'm driving with my .bt settings constantly trying to start from the beginning keying manually the pairing and connection sequence!! If Samsung calls it a technology progress then I want my old HTC back... This is not the only issue. This junk would not switch from a call screen back to navigation mode even if I try to force it manually. This gets serious if I have to relay on my GPS while driving. I'm so frustrated and disappointed...

ImaDroidFan

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I have a Verizon S3 and a '10 Jetta TDI with factory bluetooth (phone only, no audio streaming) and I have replicated that if your screen is on then you auto connect, if it is off then I have to open the bluetooth settings and connect manually.
But a problem I have found that drives me even more nuts... When I am connected to my cars bluetooth and I have an aux cable plugged into the S3 to listen to podcasts, etc. If a call comes in and I am not listening to anything on the S3 then when I answer a call it tries to go thru the aux cable and the toggle button on the call screen is greyed out - I have to pull the cable out then BT kicks in! If I am listening to a podcast or music then the BT works fine.
Definitely a bug. I am going to call VZW today about it.

My issue is with a VZW phone. When listening to Pandora I have to use the headset to get music to the stereo. My truck has bluetooth but not for music just phone calls. If a call comes in Pandora seems to pause but I cannot hear the caller or person I may have called without removing the headset wire from the phone. If the headset is not connected bluetooth is automatically connecting and calls are going fine. 2009 GMC Sierra Denali.

neds

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Same deal here ,Paired with my Acura RDX and My jambox but will not connect automatically, have to go to bluetooth settings and manually select what I want to connect. What a PITA! Droid X connnected every time.
Any help------------- answers would be great!
Very frustrating on a supposed state of the art smartphone.
I hope this issue gets resolved quickly:(

judge34411

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
2010 Camry SE bluetooth for phone and all its controls no problem. The media stream is another issue. Will not keep it. The only thing it will do is let me use the S3 players which is not what I want. I want my car stereo to control it. Have not tried plugging it in to the usb port will have to and see what it does.

nooaah

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
My 2012 VW GTI will not auto connect. If the screen dims, the BT connection will also go away and I'll have to manually connect again. Very frustrating.

FishMeetFish

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Problem resolved!!!

Bluetooth now auto connect whenever I hop into and start my car.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions, I tried to pair and unpair several times, then shutdown the phone and done a battery pull. Restarted the phone and it now behave as expected.

dobeman73

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Not just Verizon--Sprint as well. I have an F-150 with SYNC. My BB Curve would auto reconnect everytime with no problem. Now with my SIII I have to do what you said:

Go to Bluetooth.
Turn it off.
Turn it back on.
Click my SYNC on my truth to force it to reconnect.

PAIN!

Michele31415

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Very strange - mine started working properly today for no apparent reason. I didn't even power it down, pull the battery or any funny stuff. Now when I leave the house, the BT connection follows automatically to my truck and when I come home it switches back to the house cordless system automatically too. Go figure.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
There's definitely something off with the BT profile on this phone. It works fine when I only connect for phone and it will autoconnect every time. However, if I try to check both boxes for audio and phone it will work that one time and then need to be connected manually each time after that. Very odd.

I have a 12 Maxima that had no issues with either my 4s or DX.

tomkind80

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
My Sprint version connects perfectly everytime with Ford SYNC. Maybe an issue with the vehicle? Any one have problems connecting to SYNC?

Wnrgway

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
i have a verizon s3 and it auto connects just fine to my bmw and to my griffin bluetrip.

Does it auto connect to both devices?

I have a 328i and Verizon S3. It auto connects to the BMW for calls, but not my blackberry bluetooth audio adapter for music.

Also, when I'm playing music through the adapter I get skipping. It's not due to a bad data connection because it happens with mp3's as well.

Last edited:

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
There's definitely something off with the BT profile on this phone. It works fine when I only connect for phone and it will autoconnect every time. However, if I try to check both boxes for audio and phone it will work that one time and then need to be connected manually each time after that. Very odd.

I have a 12 Maxima that had no issues with either my 4s or DX.

I have a 12 max also and this is driving me insane..... Same problem as your having .... It's always something

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty