Blue Tooth in car

PhoneyFrank1

Jul 31, 2020
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy A14 5G with OS version 13. When I first start up my car the bluetooth on my phone automatically connects to my car radio and starts playing music, but the problem is it shuts off after about 3 minutes every time. I then must wait 30 seconds or so, go to "media output" on my phone and reconnect the radio again and push play and then the music stays on until I turn my car or phone off like it is suppose to. It is an aftermarket pioneer radio and it never had this problem with my old phone.

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy A14 5G with OS version 13. When I first start up my car the bluetooth on my phone automatically connects to my car radio and starts playing music, but the problem is it shuts off after about 3 minutes every time. I then must wait 30 seconds or so, go to "media output" on my phone and reconnect the radio again and push play and then the music stays on until I turn my car or phone off like it is suppose to. It is an aftermarket pioneer radio and it never had this problem with my old phone.
It could be that, that is a low spec phone and it is having troubles keeping up/getting started.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
What version of Android was the old phone using? Is there any new firmware for the head unit? It's possible that the firmware on the head unit is outdated and won't connect properly to a modern version of Android.

Reactions: mustang7757

PhoneyFrank1

Jul 31, 2020
Visit site
It could be that, that is a low spec phone and it is having troubles keeping up/getting started.
The phone that is not working properly is the NEW phone. About same price range as old one when bought new. New phone is android version 13...old one was version 10

PhoneyFrank1

Jul 31, 2020
Visit site
Is it connecting to another Bluetooth device instead, like headphones?
it does pop up and asking me to pick device and sometimes there are other surrounding devices and sometimes there aren't but either way the same problem always happens. It also picks the radio for me if i do nothing

PhoneyFrank1

Jul 31, 2020
Visit site
What version of Android was the old phone using? Is there any new firmware for the head unit? It's possible that the firmware on the head unit is outdated and won't connect properly to a modern version of Android.
New phone is android version 13...old one was version 10....there is no head unit. It is a phone and car radio. As I said it still connects but i just have to do it twice.

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
The phone that is not working properly is the NEW phone. About same price range as old one when bought new. New phone is android version 13...old one was version 10
That doesn't mean it isn't lower spec. Just telling me it's a different op.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
New phone is android version 13...old one was version 10....there is no head unit. It is a phone and car radio. As I said it still connects but i just have to do it twice.
The head unit is the car audio. Since it's aftermarket, not factory installed, you'll need to check the website of the manufacturer.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings>Connections>More Connection Settings, and make sure Nearby Device Scanning is off.

PhoneyFrank1

Jul 31, 2020
Visit site
I don't think you can update the radio/head unit. It is not connected to the internet....i never updated it before