Screen automatically locks when a call ends

peaso

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Recently I noticed that after I finish a call...the screen on my S3 is automatically locked. I'm connected to my corporate email and have a policy for a strong password. This normally is not an issue as I have my phone set to lock after 29 minutes. But with it locking after each call is a pain. This started happening only a few days ago

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I have two things you can do to prevent it..They may work not sure :p

Every time I get off a call I have a habit of hitting the home button after ending it. This takes me of course to the home screen to do whatever and the phone doesn't lock.

Another thing you can try is going to your phone, hitting the menu button > call settings > call answering / ending > then set the power button to end the call instead of tapping it on screen. This will not lock the screen.

Those are my ideas :)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Recently I noticed that after I finish a call...the screen on my S3 is automatically locked. I'm connected to my corporate email and have a policy for a strong password. This normally is not an issue as I have my phone set to lock after 29 minutes. But with it locking after each call is a pain. This started happening only a few days ago

I'm not using the screen lock at the moment and don't have the issue so it must be a setting within your screen lock properties.

peaso

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys....hitting the home button before the call ends seems to be the work around for now...it's just weird that I don't recall this being an issue until a week ago and no major changes on this end.

Thanks again for your responses!!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Interesting app.
Does this problem occur with both incoming and outgoing calls, or just incoming? Have you fiddled with the screen proximity sensor settings? I'd have to agree with the previous poster that noted that if it used to work then either a new app or some setting change is messing with the default behaviour.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
This issue you guys are having is confusing me. On my phone the screen returns to whatever state it was in when the call came in. So, if I'm browsing the web or whatever and a call comes in it does not lock the screen after I end the call, I simply go back to what I was doing. If the screen is locked (like in my belt case) and I get a call and answer it after I'm done it locks itself. Normal behaviour.

Rev.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
excelent thanks Dug. il try it later mate :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
This issue you guys are having is confusing me. On my phone the screen returns to whatever state it was in when the call came in. So, if I'm browsing the web or whatever and a call comes in it does not lock the screen after I end the call, I simply go back to what I was doing. If the screen is locked (like in my belt case) and I get a call and answer it after I'm done it locks itself. Normal behaviour.

Rev.

maybe its version/carrier version dependant mate but mine locks and its a pain in the fanny :) lmao i love how fanny means somethin different in US from Scotland :) fanny fanny fany ya wee fanny! ;)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
maybe its version/carrier version dependant mate but mine locks and its a pain in the fanny :)

That's bizarre, I even tested it on mine before posting and it only locks if the screen was already locked. So, if for testing sake let's say you lay the phone on your desk and open the web browser, and while on a website you call you phone from another phone. When you hang up from the other phone your screen locks rather than going back to the web browser? Test that and let me know. You can do anything, doesn't have to be the web browser, you can be looking in My Files or whatever and it always takes me back to the screen I was at prior.

Rev.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
dont have to test it bro, it happens all the time, usualy when in browser, someone rings and wether i wait for them to hang up or i hang up, it still goes to lockscreen which is annoying coz i use "smart app lock" on all my browsers, gmail etc so after unlocking, i have to enter my pin again

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
female genitalia lol, usualy used as an insult to other guys : "want ripped ya daft wee fanny?" lol :)
its funny watchin american shows where they call a "bum-bag" a "fanny pack" lmao :)

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
female genitalia lol, usualy used as an insult to other guys : "want ripped ya daft wee fanny?" lol :)
its funny watchin american shows where they call a "bum-bag" a "fanny pack" lmao :)

Wtf does that mean then? I'm in London and I dunno what that means. But your right it's used as an insult. Hahaha.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
"want ripped ya wee fanny?" means (in a threat) "do you want me to run a carpet knife down your face, you little *bleep*" lol us Scots are lovely, we must be the only nation who will call a guy "mate" (friend) before head-butting them on the nose lol :p

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
did youz get the FANNY irn-bru adverts in england mate lol?

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Not that I know off mate. Irn bru has to be one of the worst drinks made. They even made irn bru wkd! Errrrr lol

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Not that I know off mate. Irn bru has to be one of the worst drinks made. They even made irn bru wkd! Errrrr lol

lmao the ads were hilarious check youtube for irnbru fanny advert or something.
yeah i loved it as a kid but its far too sweet now

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rezaking886