Disappearing APN settings

ike1973

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
To get wifi hotspot on my SGS3 to work properly I had to create two new APN settings that were saved on the phone. Once I did that I was able to connect my tablet for wifi tethering. The problem is that after a while those new APN settings disappear. Anybody else encounter this problem or have a solution?

ike1973

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Wow 780 views and not one reply. Really? Nobody else is having this issue? Maybe I should add that I'm with Rogers in Canada and on the 500MB per month data plan. I know tethering is not supposed to work unless you're on the 1GB or higher plan but it works as long as I have the saved APN settings that keep disappearing. Maybe this is Rogers way of preventing me from tethering?

Th0ms0n

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Im having the same issue except my phone is a rogers phone and im using it on chatr... i can add the new apn and even delete the rogers ones my cellular data will work for random amounts of time (sometimes a day or two sometimes maybe only an hour) but then it will just stop working.. when i go back to the settings the new apn is gone and the original two rogers ones are there again.

i even tried editing the default rogers one, it works for a while but then just reverts back.

did you have any luck finding out whats causing this?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Im having the same issue except my phone is a rogers phone and im using it on chatr... i can add the new apn and even delete the rogers ones my cellular data will work for random amounts of time (sometimes a day or two sometimes maybe only an hour) but then it will just stop working.. when i go back to the settings the new apn is gone and the original two rogers ones are there again.

i even tried editing the default rogers one, it works for a while but then just reverts back.

did you have any luck finding out whats causing this?

sounds like your carrier is doing it,... sneaky *bleep*ers!
i suppose if you unlock, root and flash a different rom, they wont have the power to *bleep* with your settings?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38