Ok apple is going to force me to unlock and root!!!!

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Well I planned on leaving my phone stock until I got plan bored with it... But with apple now going after my Verizon SIII... I now feel the need to stretch my open source wings and fly.. I don't need an update limiting my device from its true potential.... What's on ya mind???

Sent from my GS3....

Last edited:

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Apple isn't forcing you to do anything, and if you don't want to root/ROM than don't. If anything you've only/will only lose universal search (which I'm sure you hardly use anyways).

These anti-Apple threads are becoming annoying. We don't need 20 new ones a day.

Sent from my rooted/modded/stock Samsung Galaxy SIII using Android Central Forums

534n

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
Samsung is not removing the search. Any devices that it broke on will get it back. And the more anti-apple, the better. apple's attacks on the mobile device front need to stop.

Reactions: diecastdonkey

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Samsung is not removing the search. Any devices that it broke on will get it back. And the more anti-apple, the better. apple's attacks on the mobile device front need to stop.

And complaining on the AC forums is going to help how?

We've already done our part by not buying Apple products. Complaining about them on a message board they will never see nor concern themselves with does nothing.

Sent from my rooted/modded/stock Samsung Galaxy SIII using Android Central Forums

534n

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site

We've already done our part by not buying Apple products. Complaining about them on a message board they will never see nor concern themselves with does nothing.

Sent from my rooted/modded/stock Samsung Galaxy S3 using Android Central Forums

I never said anything about complaining on the forums in proliferation is a good thing. However, more people are likely to see it so I don't have anything against a user starting a new thread about it. And it doesn't matter if apple doesn't care about a message board. They wouldn't care if a convention was held against them (unless they could sue for some IP used in it); it is the people that affect it.

Archienj7

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

Complaining about complaining is...........still complaining. ;) It would be just as easy to not open/read a "complaint" thread as to jump in and comment on it. :cool: It's a current event tons of people are angry about. People will complain and discuss it on forums because that's exactly what they are there for.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
if its losing local (universal) search youre worried about, Google Gesture Search definately does same job on devices with the function removed.
also you could try Custom Ics Statusbar. not only is it much cooler than the stock one but as its 3rd party, it might not lose the feature.. i dont know but it seems to me that the update just alters the searchbar widget and not the phones actual capability of local search. these apple suits seem to only affect out-the-box software and features.
correct me if im wrong btw but surely 3rd party apps will replace any feature apple banishes.
im jst speculating as usual lol ;)

Reactions: PookiePrancer

GalaxyOnyxWitch

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site

Makes me feel better though! I am really getting sick of Apple trying to muscle everyone and anyone whom they feel to be a threat out of selling their products.

I am beginning to wonder if Apple patented air....

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
if its losing local (universal) search youre worried about, Google Gesture Search definately does same job on devices with the function removed.
also you could try Custom Ics Statusbar. not only is it much cooler than the stock one but as its 3rd party, it might not lose the feature.. i dont know but it seems to me that the update just alters the searchbar widget and not the phones actual capability of local search. these apple suits seem to only affect out-the-box software and features.
correct me if im wrong btw but surely 3rd party apps will replace any feature apple banishes.
im jst speculating as usual lol ;)

Do you mean Custom ICS Search Widget? If so, it doesn't do on-device search.

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Apple isn't forcing you to do anything, and if you don't want to root/ROM than don't. If anything you've only/will only lose universal search (which I'm sure you hardly use anyways).

These anti-Apple threads are becoming annoying. We don't need 20 new ones a day.

If I didn't use my universal search and I didn't feel it would be important enough for me to have to root my phone, I probably wouldn't have taken the time to write this post... I'll post a topic on what ever I would like....you don't have to read or reply to them... So save yourself some time and don't....

This is less about Apple as it is more about a possible inconvenience for me and others alike...

Sent from my GS3....

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site

The multitude of anti-Apple posts are infinitely less obnoxious and annoying than people who feel they have to justify their status on the food chain by going in to said posts and proclaiming that we don't need more of these posts. These are forums. People come to seek help. And people come to complain about things, companies, and practices of said companies that they don't like. If you don't want to read because you know it's going to bother you, then move along. It's really quite simple.

And I realize that I'm not much better than you by voicing my opinion. But I get tired of people bad mouthing others for simply posting in forums. If the mods wanted to regulate it, they would. But they appear to not desire to do so, so a simple skip in your reading would do everyone here a great justice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez