How come no one mentions the cursor glitch when editing posts??

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
It's an OS glitch not a keyboard glitch as it happens with the built in keyboard as well as all the third party keyboards I've ever used (now Swiftkey). When I post and then see there was a grammatical error or whatnot and I edit the post and try to position the cursor it's a total nightmare. It bounces all over the place even if I just hold my finger on one spot, it's insane. It doesn't happen with anything other than Internet text fields. If I do the same thing in AK Notepad for example there's no problem at all. What gives and are we ever expected to get a fix for this super maddening issue?

Rev.

534n

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
Re: How come no one mentions the cursor glitch when editing posts

I will keep a closer eye on mine; I had never encountered this. (Looking at my finger tips now)

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I've only had this happen on occasion and mainly in Google chrome. Sometimes it freezes on me but I think that's Swype not touch wiz.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site

It's easy to test, just go to edit one of your posts, preferably a longer one, then try to place the blue cursor tab at a specific place. It's especially problematic when the text is off screen and you drag to the right, it goes nuts. I tried this with both my default Dolphin browser, the built in browser, and both Swiftkey and the built in keyboard.

Rev.

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I've had this happen with all four of my Android phones, no matter what keyboard that I use. Drives me nuts too. I enabled the arrows in SwiftKey so I can get the cursor to where I need it to be, but the fact that it happens at all is maddening.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

534n

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site

Tested. Not sure if it is just me but my cursor follows my finger perfectly. The only time it may appear to "act crazy" is when it jumps left to the beginning of a blank line but it goes right back to my finger. Both tapping and dragging work accurately for me.