$14 spear battery

kjnangre

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
This is most definitely not the S3 spare battery, it's a cheap look-alike. When your $14 battery overheats and damages your $600 S3, you might not think it was such a good deal after all.

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
It won't harm the S3.
Overheat and damage the phone. Now that is funny. It is a simple 3.7V LiIon for gosh sakes.
But, few after market batteries actually have the true battery capacity of an original equipment battery.

junglejunkie

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure that the NFC chip's antenna is on the battery, if you replace it with a cheap aftermarket you will lose that functionality.

lbkiml

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
This is most definitely not the S3 spare battery, it's a cheap look-alike. When your $14 battery overheats and damages your $600 S3, you might not think it was such a good deal after all.

Why does everyone say "$600". I'm sure 95% of us didn't buy it at full retail price. It's pretty ridiculous.
I got mine for $200, most people probably got it for cheaper.

Unless you had personal experiences with 3rd party batteries overheating, you shouldn't make such claims, for there are 3rd party batteries out there that probably work as good as OEM.

kjnangre

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Why does everyone say "$600". I'm sure 95% of us didn't buy it at full retail price. It's pretty ridiculous.
I got mine for $200, most people probably got it for cheaper.

Come on, it's a simple idea. Let's say your phone gets damaged and you need to replace it. You think you'll get another one for under $200?? Not a chance; your 2 year contract has just barely started. You're going to have to pay full retail. In this thread, I was talking about replacing a damaged phone, therefore $600 is pretty close to the correct number. $200 is, as you say, ridiculous.

Unless you had personal experiences with 3rd party batteries overheating, you shouldn't make such claims, for there are 3rd party batteries out there that probably work as good as OEM.

I have no personal experiences with these 3rd party batteries cause I would never use one. I am however an electrical engineer with several years of battery design experience and I assure you, it is most definitely possible.

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I am however an electrical engineer with several years of battery design experience and I assure you, it is most definitely possible.

Then you should know that the switch mode supplies used in the charging circuit are thermally protected. The phone itself has thermal, over voltage, and under voltage protection. Not even including the protection that would be included in a packaged LiIon battery. No reason to be so paranoid.

But in the end, every third party battery I have ever tested has mediocre capacity.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
My external battery just came :). 8400 mah in such a small device

On my Samsung galaxy s3 running android 4.0

Because unlike ios, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not in infinite cluttered homescreens

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1349115603542.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349115603542.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 84

lbkiml

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Come on, it's a simple idea. Let's say your phone gets damaged and you need to replace it. You think you'll get another one for under $200?? Not a chance; your 2 year contract has just barely started. You're going to have to pay full retail. In this thread, I was talking about replacing a damaged phone, therefore $600 is pretty close to the correct number. $200 is, as you say, ridiculous.

$600 is a number Samsung throws out there. We all know it doesn't cost that much to make it, esp in the quantities and cheap labor. It doesn't even cost $200..

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
mine was ?600 lol UK POUNDS STERLING! :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
My external battery just came :). 8400 mah in such a small device

Because unlike ios, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not in infinite cluttered homescreens

nice man. how does it work?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
nice man. how does it work?

You basically charge it, and then it can charge your devices on the go until it runs out of juice

Beats walking around with 3 extra batteries imo

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
You basically charge it, and then it can charge your devices on the go until it runs out of juice

Beats walking around with 3 extra batteries imo

cool so its not like a case, its basicly a big storage of portable lecky to charge the phone with?
how many full charges does it give mate?

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
cool so its not like a case, its basicly a big storage of portable lecky to charge the phone with?
how many full charges does it give mate?

Yea

It gives 3.5 charges in 2v and 4.0 charges on 0.6v

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
cool man. how long does it take to charge the charger?

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
cool man. how long does it take to charge the charger?

Not too sure, if came fully charged then I charged two devices for like 20 minutes and it lost a bar so I went to sleep and charged it for like 2 hours and let it charge back to full

But I'm not too sure, it's draining pretty quickly atm,went down two bars in an hour,it keeps blinding from 3 bars down to 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1349144948471.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349144948471.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 48

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
how much did the dude cost u?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty