Great read on patent law issues in USA

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Its just another reason why I do not own an apple product nor do I plan to in the future. I hate companies like that to be honest.

Madness87

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
You folks think Samsung wouldn't have done the same were it in Apple's dominant position? Patent laws were created to help honest individuals protect their work from infringement. But in a post-industrial nation, ruled by corporations and conglomerates, it's no longer about the little guy.

I remember Vlingo, I did not know that Nuance effectively destroyed them with that false suit. However, they weren't the first and certainly not the last. This is why I am in favor of tort reform, to stop frivolous lawsuits in the first place. The sad part is, Vlingo could have sued for irreparable damage to it's company and brand, and probably won, if they would have had the resources and time to drag it out into the courts.

I own a Galaxy S3, I've been buying Samsung since about 2001, when I bought my first HDTV from them, but I don't doubt for a second, they wouldn't do the same, were they Apple, nor do I doubt how many companies or startups they've manhandled in their rise to dominance in Korea.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89