Telus GS3 JellyBean Update ??

bassmig

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I was just coming here to post this. Downloading as we speak I think I'm happy about this!!

EDIT: It is in fact JellyBean..and it's updating as we speak 30%...

Last edited:

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
If you have a rooted device and an alternate recovery (TWRP, ClockworkMod) installed, you won't be able to successfully install an OTA. You'll have to either unroot the phone (taking it completely back to stock) or flash a (preferably rooted) ROM that has whatever features you're looking for.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

ChuckeeDroid

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Couple issues I've noticed. Google now doesn't speak answers.
Lock screen is also washed out if ripple effect is enabled.
Home screen is washed out no matter what I do.
Anyone else?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Madness87

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Servers were apparently getting slammed so they basically just tell almost all users to "try later"... How many of you folks here got the update? I'm not surprised, what did they think would happen when all of a sudden Telus, Bell and Rogers go live with their updates at once.

bassmig

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Got mine yesterday been running it all day at work so not much to notice. Can't say I noticed a huge difference in anything other than some stuff was moved and the notifications are slightly different. Google Now looks like it could be interesting if you don't mind Google knowing more about you than they already do...which is lot.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Canada if im not mistaken is humungus.
If you plug into pc youll get it now....
.hope they havent played around with your colours too much cuz's :)

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Couple issues I've noticed. Google now doesn't speak answers.
Lock screen is also washed out if ripple effect is enabled.
Home screen is washed out no matter what I do.
Anyone else?

Ask Now a math question and it'l talk, it wont speak answers unless thats a better form of communicating what you asked it.
Unlike Siri lol

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

ChuckeeDroid

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Ask Now a math question and it'l talk, it wont speak answers unless thats a better form of communicating what you asked it.
Unlike Siri lol

Fixed now. The locale has to be set to English (US)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Fixed now. The locale has to be set to English (US)

Lol "english generic" is as close as it gets to understanding me...... blows gsearch, vlingo, siri out the window for me in that dept.
Wait till you pass a train station or bus stop and it tells u how to get home, how long youl wait and ETA lol.
Make sure u turn maps on to get the spookyest out of it... itl learn where you go on what day and warn you of traffic to wake up a bit earlier :)

Oh yeah when setting google calander appointments, put the address in :)

twarrington

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I can't get Google Now to speak back answers either... No luck anywhere finding answers either. I have the volume up, I have changed langues (English US, English Canada, English UK) all without success.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699