Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

Default Re: I hope everyone is enjoying Jelly Bean on their Galaxy S3's...

Quote Originally Posted by The Hustleman View Post
    But it's very well known that. Verizon screws over their users, especially nexus users who are supposed to get the updates first.

You don't want to root? Then don't root but quit complaining about something you know is in place. Speak with your wallet, make Verizon see, leave and tell them why. Go to another carrier and save some money

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile
    I'd love to make Verizon wake up, and smell the roses but I'm on AT&T. Regardless I've got the 4.1.1 so all is well. Plus VZ, and AT&T couldn't care less if you left them because they know there's someone else waiting to activate a new line with them every second of the day. Regardless it feels good to vent, and get it out!
    Living large with my Galaxy Note 3!!!
    mhe77 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by smooth4lyfe View Post
    AT&T Jelly Bean 4.1.1 update available NOW via Kies....about freakin time!
    Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Madness87 View Post
    Could be more polite to the guy. Not everyone wants to or has the ability to root their phone. It's perfectly fine to complain that the world's largest and most powerful carrier, is also the last to put out an update now, especially since ATT just did it with Kies.
    Very true. Sprint released it awhile ago and they are only the 3rd largest in the US. Youd think the bigger guys would have the funds to have their people get it out fast :what:

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.

Global Posts
    410 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9 RC2

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    Enjoy!

Very true. Sprint released it awhile ago and they are only the 3rd largest in the US. Youd think the bigger guys would have the funds to have their people get it out fast :what:

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

The problem isn't the update itself, is that they have to make it compatible with all of Verizon's bloat. Then on top of making the current bloat compatible verizon always seems to add a few more pieces with each update. My last verizon phone has more verizon bloat than Motorola and Google combined

Verizon doesn't get to tell me what I can't do because I took the time to educate myself.

This is like crying that your neighbor makes more money than you do. Take the time to learn a new trade and benefit from your efforts.

CleanROM 5.0
    Please check out:
    My Podcast - http://bit.ly/WWSXbz
    My Blog - http://bit.ly/SrqMNr
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I hope everyone is enjoying Jelly Bean on their Galaxy S3's...-uploadfromtaptalk1354645539404.jpg  
    The Hustleman likes this.

I have Verizon because they have the best coverage for phone calls in my area. Strangely enough, I use my phone to make phone calls as well as being a smartphone. My S3 works perfectly for what I need it for. I can wait until they give my JB. Phone is working fine right now.

Global Posts
    2,989 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

I got Jelly Bean and I don't enjoy it since for some reason on the Telus version, Google Not won't talk back to me!
    http://sanuja.com | SGH-I747M

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXe View Post
    Because us poor folks on Verizon, and AT&T will probably never see this update ever!!!
    AND PS: Don't tell me to root my phone either, I shouldn't have to when the rest of the world has the official release!
    Att got the update...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by jaj6503 View Post
    Verizon doesn't get to tell me what I can't do because I took the time to educate myself.

This is like crying that your neighbor makes more money than you do. Take the time to learn a new trade and benefit from your efforts.
    http://www.imgur.com/7PLXC.png
    CleanROM 5.0
    Please check out:
    My Podcast - Podcast Hosting | People Friendly
    My Blog - Bear Pasta Rocket Pop
    It's not always about "educating yourself". Sometimes it has to do with not wanting to void warranties. I love when people make fun of someone else because of their own pre conceived notions. As if their opinion is the "education" that all others should be seeking. I personally spend SO much time researching things before making purchases, I could apply that to rooting easily if I wanted to, but I like having a warranty. Also I should point out that there's countless threads on here about people bricking their device after trying to flash some new ROM and then they beg for help. Seems stupid to risk bricking a device AND voiding a warranty unless you know all of the ins and outs before making the attempt. And for some of us, we may THINK we know what we're doing, but then we have a paperweight. Because I do not want to take either of these two massive risks, I just deal with what I have. And mind you, I love the GS3 on ICS. I have no problem waiting for JB personally. I do however, agree that it's pathetic how slow Verizon is with everything. A company their size would have zero problem pushing updates if they cared an ounce about their customers. I am very excited to vote with my wallet and leave Verizon for Straight Talk when the Galaxy S4 gets released next spring/summer.
    mhe77 likes this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #34  

Quote Originally Posted by Shanicenicolle View Post
    Att got the update...

Thanks for reading the thread, and playing along. I updated last night. :P
    Living large with my Galaxy Note 3!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LegalAmerican View Post
    It's not always about "educating yourself". Sometimes it has to do with not wanting to void warranties. I love when people make fun of someone else because of their own pre conceived notions. As if their opinion is the "education" that all others should be seeking. I personally spend SO much time researching things before making purchases, I could apply that to rooting easily if I wanted to, but I like having a warranty. Also I should point out that there's countless threads on here about people bricking their device after trying to flash some new ROM and then they beg for help. Seems stupid to risk bricking a device AND voiding a warranty unless you know all of the ins and outs before making the attempt. And for some of us, we may THINK we know what we're doing, but then we have a paperweight. Because I do not want to take either of these two massive risks, I just deal with what I have. And mind you, I love the GS3 on ICS. I have no problem waiting for JB personally. I do however, agree that it's pathetic how slow Verizon is with everything. A company their size would have zero problem pushing updates if they cared an ounce about their customers. I am very excited to vote with my wallet and leave Verizon for Straight Talk when the Galaxy S4 gets released next spring/summer.
    Be careful with straight talk, they are NOT unlimited

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXe View Post
    Thanks for reading the thread, and playing along. I updated last night. :P

Whatever your reason for remaining stock may be, coming to a message board and complaining about not receiving an update does nothing. At all.

CleanROM 5.0
    Please check out:

Whatever you're reason for remaining stock may be, coming to a message board and complaining about not receiving an update does nothing. At all.

CleanROM 5.0
    Please check out:
    My Podcast - Podcast Hosting | People Friendly
    My Blog - Bear Pasta Rocket Pop
    Maybe OP wasn't expecting it to solve world hunger but simply to vent his frustrations. Who are you to say whether or not it helped? This isn't XDA mind you. People can get on a message board and talk to people about what they are thinking at the moment. I do wish Android Central had seperate boards for rooters and non rooters. You guys get tired of non rooters complaining about not getting updates, and we non rooters get sick of you telling us that bricked phones and voided warranties are the end all answers to our issues.
    Thanked by 2:
    mhe77 and lesorkim like this.

Be careful with straight talk, they are NOT unlimited

Thanks for the heads up. I don't have unlimited now either, so that isn't a deal breaker really. The big thing with this decision for me is cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Madness87 View Post
    Could be more polite to the guy. Not everyone wants to or has the ability to root their phone. It's perfectly fine to complain that the world's largest and most powerful carrier, is also the last to put out an update now, especially since ATT just did it with Kies.
    US cellular still doesn't have it, so no one is last yet.

O_o WISHING I HAD WAITED AND GOT THE NOTE 2, ANYONE WANNA TRADE? o>_<o~

Maybe OP wasn't expecting it to solve world hunger but simply to vent his frustrations. Who are you to say whether or not it helped? This isn't XDA mind you. People can get on a message board and talk to people about what they are thinking at the moment. I do wish Android Central had seperate boards for rooters and non rooters. You guys get tired of non rooters complaining about not getting updates, and we non rooters get sick of you telling us that bricked phones and voided warranties are the end all answers to our issues.
    I'm not frustrated one bit. Funny how you're the one being rude and I'm the one enjoying the benefits of Android 4.1.1.

CleanROM 5.0
    Please check out:

I'm not frustrated one bit. Funny how you're the one being rude and I'm the one enjoying the benefits of Android 4.1.1.

CleanROM 5.0
    Please check out:
    I'm not being rude. At least not intentionally. If you weren't frustrated, I doubt you would have commented on this thread. I also don't care what you're enjoying, cause I'm perfectly content with 4.0.4 for right now. You forget I'm not the OP. I just said Verizon should have the ability to be better with updates. Not that I need it.

Sent from my Galaxy S3
    Droid Bionic>Droid Razr Maxx>Verizon Galaxy S3>T-Mobile Galaxy S3, Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
    mhe77 likes this.

Anyone's screen keep turning off while watching videos on default browser? Before it would never shut off and now not does after it thinks it's being inactive.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Quote Originally Posted by blackmarket View Post
    Anyone's screen keep turning off while watching videos on default browser? Before it would never shut off and now not does after it thinks it's being inactive.
    Id start another thread tbh bro. A quick look at this seems like a handbag fight.
    Good luck

(Maybe mess around with "time-out" or "smart-stay"?

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:
    GT-I9300, UK

Quote Originally Posted by funkylogik View Post
    Id start another thread tbh bro. A quick look at this seems like a handbag fight.
    Good luck

(Maybe mess around with "time-out" or "smart-stay"?

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:
    Sorry for being off topic, but have you seriously posted 8k times since May!? You should be rewarded somehow. That's gotta be an AC record of some sort.

Thanks for the heads up. I don't have unlimited now either, so that isn't a deal breaker really. The big thing with this decision for me is cost.
    I feel you but the thing is if you port your number over to them and use more than a certain amount that they don't disclose, your account is terminated and your number is lost.

I hope all AT&T S3 owners already know that jelly bean 4.1.1 is now available via kies. 738megs.
    It's great so far no issues. Butter!

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Sorry for being off topic, but have you seriously posted 8k times since May!? You should be rewarded somehow. That's gotta be an AC record of some sort.
    Lol long story but i gota be a good boy n stay in as much as i can so i express my geek side on here lucky yous

GT-I9300, UK
    LegalAmerican likes this.

I feel you but the thing is if you port your number over to them and use more than a certain amount that they don't disclose, your account is terminated and your number is lost.

I don't want to sound like I am arguing with you because I actually very much appreciate the information. But do we now how often this happens? Like i've read the Straight Talk Terms and Conditions, and they do mention that they reserve the right to do this type of thing, but I was wondering if you know of specific cases where it's happened. It would be good to get some info on that before I make the jump. Thanks for the help!

I don't want to sound like I am arguing with you because I actually very much appreciate the information. But do we now how often this happens? Like i've read the Straight Talk Terms and Conditions, and they do mention that they reserve the right to do this type of thing, but I was wondering if you know of specific cases where it's happened. It would be good to get some info on that before I make the jump. Thanks for the help!
    Happened to my sister, and read about a few cases online.

I'll find you some examples but in the meantime check out ripoffreport.com

Thanked by:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast