Google play store--Google has gone a little too far for me

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I'm impatient, but i posted the following yesterday, but i think i
put it in the wrong place. Otherwise, how to explain the absence of replies to this, the most pressing issue of our time?

Is it true that one can't leave a review of an app on the app's page in the Google Play Store UNLESS you join Google Plus??? Or is it Google Now?

Sent from my GT-I9300

Sent from my GT-I9300

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Thought everyone with a google account was automaticly a member of google+ like youtube..?

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

blackcaneaddict

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I thought the same thing. However I'm still seeing new reviews being submitted by "a Google user". Maybe they found some way to beat the system.

Edit: back when g+ first came out it was by invite only. I've heard that some people never bothered to accept the invite still to this day. That may have someone to do with it.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Android Central Forums

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I thought the same thing. However I'm still seeing new reviews being submitted by "a Google user". Maybe they found some way to beat the system.

Edit: back when g+ first came out it was by invite only. I've heard that some people never bothered to accept the invite still to this day. That may have someone to do with it.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Android Central Forums

I still see 'a Google user' in recent reviews as well. I'm not sure what Google wants this to do. Maybe people will be more inclined to leave positive reviews opposed to negative reviews if their name is attached? Seems like most people would rather not leave reviews at all in that case.

Galaxy SIII
My Podcast - http://cyberears.com/index.php/Show/audio/6030
My Blog - https://www.blogger.com/blogin.g?blogspotURL=http://bearpastarocketpop.blogspot.com/

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Rickybabalu--thanks for the link. The comments at the end certainly cover both sides of the argument. I guess I've posted my last review on the Play Store. I may start buying more apps on Amazon and whatsis, the non-google app store.

Sent from my GT-I9300

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I still see 'a Google user' in recent reviews as well. I'm not sure what Google wants this to do. Maybe people will be more inclined to leave positive reviews opposed to negative reviews if their name is attached? Seems like most people would rather not leave reviews at all in that case.

I think a lot of comment systems are going this way (either forcing you to use Facebook or Google+ or some other system that uses your real name), since the hope is that it will help with the racism, trolling and hate speech that generally populates comment systems (just read an article hoping that YouTube's comment system goes this way, since it's the cesspool of the internet).

Well, that's the hope anyways. I suspect it's the wave of the future.

xKrNMBoYx

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
This is happening to the increase in trolling of all kind. I'm disgusted at the increase of racism and rudeness because they are safe behind a monitor/screen and are afraid of consequences once legally in trouble due to their comments.

I don't think it has been implemented completely though. Basically one google account will have access to many of google's features. If you don't have a google+ made then google may create a temporary basic one automatically, or just use personal information w/o permission. But they can because you're using their sevices and agreed to their LONG agreement form.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I am an early adapter. When Facebook and Twitter and Linked In, and etc came out, I joined each one the first week to check it out. But ťhe privacy issues were obvious from the beginning, and I un- joined each one after testing it for few weeks.

For the last several years I've not been a member of any of them, and I don't intend to start now, especially just to leave a review of a product. And I will start using alternate stores as much as possible (e. g. Amazon, AppBrain, etc.) Unfortunately, Google Play is so very convenient...

Having said that, I have been looking for a way to join Facebook using a fake I. D. (a made - up one as opposed to a stolen ID). A relative has been posting old family photos I would like to see.

Anyone have any ideas about how to do this?

Sent from my GT-I9300

Last edited:

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I am an early adapter. When Facebook and Twitter and Linked In, and etc came out, I joined each one the cost week to check it out. But ťhe privacy issues were obvious from the beginning, and I un- joined each one after testing it for few weeks.

For the last several years I've not been a member of any of them, and I don't intend to start now, especially just to leave a review of a product. And I will start using alternate stores as much as possible (e. g. Amazon, AppBrain, etc.) Unfortunately, Google Play is so very convenient...

Having said that, I have been looking for a way to join Facebook using a fake I. D. (a made - up one as opposed to a stolen ID). A relative has been posting old family photos I would like to see.

Anyone have any ideas about how to do this?

Sent from my GT-I9300

I do not belong to any of these (sorta of). I did create a "fake" one to try and look up an old friend and it was real easy to do. Like you I did not see the need nor do I have the time to join these "Social Media" sites. I also value my privacy which I thought would be intact by not joining any of these "sites", but to my amazement since becoming an avid Android user; Google now knows more about me than I do, "That ship has sailed for me".

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I dont see what the big deal is really...I have a Google Plus account but never use it...you can just make one just for the hell of it and forget about it

crabbz

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
This brings up a question... If you buy an app with Google Play can you download updates from a different store, such as Amazon?

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
No, it will have you un install the google app and install the amazon app.... And it will go back and forth between the two. That is one of the reasons I stopped really using Amazon except for tryouts.

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Just activate your G+ account, dont need to use it.
Jst uninstall it :)

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

ReMarkable2112

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
I have a google+ activated but dont use it. When I post on Google play it still shows me a Google user. I have no idea what's going on with it?

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Android Central Forums

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Just activate your G+ account, dont need to use it.
Jst uninstall it :)

Funk - - do you mean that if I activated Google + and then deactivated it, but Google Play will still see me as activated and let me post reviews?

Sent from my GT-I9300

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
D
Funk - - do you mean that if I activated Google + and then deactivated it, but Google Play will still see me as activated and let me post reviews?

Sent from my GT-I9300

Im guessing so mate.
Try it.
For all they know, you have it active on another device :)
(Dont "deactivate" just dont have it installed on your phne, it livs in the cloud)
Sorry bad gramar sir :p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87