Will the S3 or something else end my "iPhone ITCH" PLease Read and HELP!!

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
^ Along the lines of what she said.
Since money doesn't seem to be a problem for you (I mean, c'mon, you ditched your phones for a GAME!), keep your iPhone 5 (I assume that has a SIM card?) and pick any other Verizon phone that you like (the S4 is supposed to be officially announced on the 14th; the new HTC One MAY end up coming to Verizon; the RAZR Maxx HD has an awesome battery; etc.) and just swap your SIM between phones whenever you get the itch. If you can't find a way to swap the SIM between phones, just buy another phone and keep both. You could have the two numbers forwarded to Google Voice and just manage one number.
When you wake up each day, you can just decide - "am I feeling in an iPhone or an Android mood today?"

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
This is exactly what I was going to say.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't sound like a boredom issue, because that appears to be what you get with the iphones. I had iphones for 3 years and I will never return to them.

It sounds to me like you are frustrated with android. I mean if you try to do something on it, you are probably thinking to yourself, I did it like this on an iphone, why can't it be like that.

If that is the case, you will never be satisfied with android phones in general because they don't do things the same way as an iphone. You need to break yourself out of that way of thinking. I am trying to do the same with my wife right now. She is using my old iphone 4 and tells me I can have it if I pry it out of her cold, dead hand. I told her, "so there's a chance, right".

A lot of people can't seperate from apple because of their investment in itunes and the whole ecosystem. You have to try to let it go. Android is so much better than ios, but like yourself, they don't want to venture into the wild, so to say.

If you like android, commit. It can only get better with time. You will eventually look at an iphone and tell yourself that your android is so much more. Just being able to choose a device that doesn't look like all other iphones is a plus in my book.

Galaxy S4 or Note 3 for my next. Decisions, decisions.
Just throwing it out there that I know a couple of people that switched from android phones to I phones and prefered it over there android, I personally do like android more and would not switch back unless I was able to customize more.

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Just stick to your iPhone. In all honesty the only real difference is customization. They mostly do the same things like being a phone getting on the internet they have most of the same apps and games. Every time a new android or iPhone comes out it seems as if it is going to be the new big thing. But after u buy it and realize hmm this new phone checks Facebook my email and browses the web just like my 6 month old phone u will be dissapointed. The iPhone 5 is really a great phone. Great screen resolution slim design awesome build quality great camera. There isn't really anything in the android world that is going to blow the iPhone out of the water. Unless u consider changing fonts and launchers a huge upgrade.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Regardless of any of my other feelings toward Apple (which aren't relevant here), I personally just don't like the small screen. I've got too used to the S3 that whenever I have to help my mom figure out how to do something on her iPhone, I'm always like, "this is soooo tiny!". That alone would keep me from buying one....but I have a lot of other reasons as well.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Ummm in order to fit all the stuff in the iPhone they had to use a nano-sim but don't worry the S4 will launch with a nano-SIM and you guys will be having orgasms over how smart Samsung was.

You can get adapters to use a nano-SIM in other phones. One of my co-workers swaps his between his iPhone 5 and another phone all the time.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
In my country LTE just came out(it's not 4G!) and the biggest plan we have is 2GB for NZ$ 100!!!! But when the other major carrier brings out LTE we should get cheaper plans for more.

Unless you are streaming videos or music or use your phone as your home internet connection it is hard to go above 2GB for just email and ordinary web surfing. I really don't need my unlimited based on current usage, but it is nice when my home DSL gets slow to tether my laptop to my phone!

He is right. Using email and browsing (and even using standard apps) is hard to use up 2 GB of data. If you stream music and stuff a lot though it can add up fast.

I stream a lot of music at work everyday and also in the car so I like unlimited (otherwise I'd pay out the nose lol). Below is my average usage (usually 6-8 GB a month) but that is due to all the music streaming from Slacker Radio and also Google Music.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362495994086.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362495994086.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 14

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't recall which post it was, but I agree with keeping the iPhone, and getting an Android device. You can then root it, install different ROMs, and customize what you want, when you want. With Android, you can also get different launchers like Nova, which changes you whole User Interface.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Just stick to your iPhone. In all honesty the only real difference is customization. They mostly do the same things like being a phone getting on the internet they have most of the same apps and games. Every time a new android or iPhone comes out it seems as if it is going to be the new big thing. But after u buy it and realize hmm this new phone checks Facebook my email and browses the web just like my 6 month old phone u will be dissapointed. The iPhone 5 is really a great phone. Great screen resolution slim design awesome build quality great camera. There isn't really anything in the android world that is going to blow the iPhone out of the water. Unless u consider changing fonts and launchers a huge upgrade.

for me the customization, launchers and widgets is a huge upgrade.

Denny Myers

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I hear you, sounds like you crave iPhone but desire Android, and never shall the two meet. I have had good experience with Apple's products, but when it comes down to it, I want my stuff to run the way I want it to and to do what I desire without having to hack it.

Now that being said, some are going to say that you can't get true customization on Android unless you root it, but unrooted Android still is a lot more customizable than iPhone.

Now don't get me wrong, iPhone is a great product. It's simple, works well, and looks good.

That leads us to the real question. Do you want highly customizable functionality or sleek simplicity?

The ideal solution has already been mentioned, keep your iPhone and buy an Android tablet and maybe Google Glass http://www.google.com/glass/start

I hope that helps you somewhat.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using SwiftKey Flow.

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
you keep coming back to iPhone because you realize it's just a phone and all of them basically do the same things give or take a few features. The ease of the iPhone calls you and you follow. Similar with me, all this "new" tech gets played out and you realize what's the point? What did phone B do different from phone A besides be a little bigger or lighter or so forth.

I get the inch for android as well but the ease of the iPhone got me in, small? Yes but livable but I don't want to play phone swap anymore because it's not my style.

Much better things to do than customize or download torrents to my phone or even jailbreak, I guess I'm over the hype sorta speak.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
You can get adapters to use a nano-SIM in other phones. One of my co-workers swaps his between his iPhone 5 and another phone all the time.
Yeah I know but that guy was saying that I suppose that Apple SIM's don't fit in anything else, we'll how does he propose they fight all that stuff in such a tiny body? I think it's impressive how much they managed to fit and applaud them for shrinking stuff like SIM's to allow more space for battery but this is very much OT bye!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress