Missing core applications?

livendive

May 3, 2012
Visit site
Verizon GS3 here, had it since July and am generally happy with it. I'm headed overseas soon, and annoyed that I can't download rental movies (or purchased TV shows) from the Play store to my external SD card, but I'll live. I also bought and downloaded a book for the trip. When trying to confirm that it was stored locally and would thus be available during 10+ hour flights, I realized the only way for me to start the Play Books app is from the Play store ("You already have this app installed. Would you like to uninstall / open? ") . Trying to add an icon to my ui is useless, as play magazines and play movies/TV show up in my app list, but not ply books.
I have a similar issue with Google Talk. I use it routinely for school, but the only way I can get to it is through the long-press app switcher. It's not in my app list, nor is it in the Play Store, so if I haven't used it since my last reboot, I have to wait for someone to message me, thereby loading it into the app switcher/active apps thing.

Anyone else missing Play Books or Google Talk?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Are you using an alternate Launcher? It sounds like you have hidden those apps, so they won't show up in your apps list.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

livendive

May 3, 2012
Visit site
Stock launcher. In settings>applications, both are listed as enabled. Is there some different way I could have have hidden them?

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Stock launcher. In settings>applications, both are listed as enabled. Is there some different way I could have have hidden them?

Yes there is another way to hide them. Open app drawer and hit the menu key. Scroll down and You should see show hidden applications.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non