S3 two screen problems

AnAndroidDroid

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Hey folks, got a couple of issues with the screen on my Galaxy S3 that I'm hoping someone can help me resolve, or at least shed some light on.

The first problem is as follows:

My lockscreen looks smudged/blotchy, however you want to call it. Search resulted in a few posts that say some smudging occurs on AMOLED displays, but I don't think this is what I'm seeing, as it looks different, and I am seeing it in well-lit environments as well as dark ones. Also, this only happens on the lock screen. The moment I slide the screen and the pattern unlock comes up, the issue is gone. There is also no "smudging" when I just open the image file that I have set as my lockscreen through the stock gallery app. Hard to describe how the screen looks (can't find my camera, not sure if it would be able to capture it even). It almost looks like what happens when you press an LCD screen, where a bright spot occurs where you press. Except this is way less extreme, and most of the screen is bright (normal), with some dark areas.

On to the second issue:

Sometimes, but not always, when I press the lock button to turn the screen on, the screen is very dim. Much dimmer than the lowest brightness setting. The screen stays like that while I unlock (pattern) and during the first few seconds of use. I do not have auto brightness on.

Now, the second issue is for sure quite new (I do not believe I had installed new apps close to the time the issue crept up).
I'm not sure if the first issue is new but I only just started noticing it recently.

Any help on either of the two issues is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
On issue one: Does this happen with other wallpaper files, or just this one? If it's just this one, what happens when you switch to a different one and then switch back?

I've not seen issue two. Do you have any 3rd party lockscreen app installed? If, instead of pattern lock, you switch to pin lock, does it still happen?

AnAndroidDroid

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
On issue one: Does this happen with other wallpaper files, or just this one? If it's just this one, what happens when you switch to a different one and then switch back?

I've not seen issue two. Do you have any 3rd party lockscreen app installed? If, instead of pattern lock, you switch to pin lock, does it still happen?

It seems to happen with all of them, although depending on the colour of the wallpaper, some of them are far less noticeable than others.

I can't reproduce issue two at will, so I will try pin lock and see if the problem recurs.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Teemu2

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Are you using the stock lockscreen? Does the problem occur if you disable the water ripples?

AnAndroidDroid

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Are you using the stock lockscreen? Does the problem occur if you disable the water ripples?

What the heck. Not sure which issue your suggestion was for, but disabling the water ripple effect seems to have fixed the smudging issue. Turning it back on brings the issue back. Which is kinda weird as I don't think I've ever seen anyone else with the problem.

Oh well, losing the ripples is not that big of a deal. Thanks!

Edit: forgot to answer to both posts, but I am currently not using a 3rd party lockscreen app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87