Removing Chinese

richcuffs

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Hello, my friend bought a S3 from some website and its fake but he knew it because it was 150 bucks. Its running jellybean.
His problem is that there is Chinese where English is suppose to be, but only some places. We have already checked the system languages etc.

I am hoping we can apply a fresh copy of Jellybean to the phone, but totally lost here, should we attempt to flash a version of, say, cyanogenmod built for the samsung s3?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Given that the phone's hardware is almost certainly not the same as an S3's, the odds are pretty good that if you flash a ROM meant for the S3 you'll brick the device. Flashing a Sprint ROM on a Verizon phone, or an AT&T ROM on a T-Mobile phone, will generally kill the device,and those are almost identical hardware.

richcuffs

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Thank you meyer, Still looking for a way to remove these Chinese characters. Mostly in the system menus, and default apps like text messaging, camera. Most text is English. Phone is set to english, and keyboard is swiftkey set to english. No problem with the keyboard.

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk 2

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Don't know what to tell you. I think this is the price your friend pays for trying to game the system. Buying counterfeit goods can save you money, but you never know for sure what you're getting, and there's never any support available. "You pays your money and takes your chances."