How do I get rid of these just kill'em, Stuff u can kill and Kill stuff?

mssca

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
I don't usually starts threads here, but this is driving me crazy. Since last night, I have been getting notification area based ads asking me to download an app to kill apps. I also have three icons on my home page with the following:
just kill'em
Stuff u can kill
Kill stuff

They seems to appeared out of nowhere. I have not downloaded a new app since last month and I have no idea how these got in. I tried to uninstalled using Applications Manager, but I couldn't find anything like that on the list.

These ads are driving me nuts and last this I need this exam season is to have a phone that keep vibrating for them. Any help is appreciated.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
I don't usually starts threads here, but this is driving me crazy. Since last night, I have been getting notification area based ads asking me to download an app to kill apps. I also have three icons on my home page with the following:
just kill'em
Stuff u can kill
Kill stuff

They seems to appeared out of nowhere. I have not downloaded a new app since last month and I have no idea how these got in. I tried to uninstalled using Applications Manager, but I couldn't find anything like that on the list.

These ads are driving me nuts and last this I need this exam season is to have a phone that keep vibrating for them. Any help is appreciated.

The biggest ad culprits are AirPush, and Leadbolt. AirPush has an opt out right on Play. You can download it select no more ads, and that's it. But you have to keep the app on your phone (it's small; couple hundred KB) Leadbolt you have to do a web search for and enter like your Hex key or MEID.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Slide the notification shade down, and long press on the notification. It will pop up a button that says "App info." Tap that, and you can find out which app is pushing the ads. Unless it an app you really think is critical, give it a 1 star rating in the Play store then uninstall it.