Back up S3 with broken touch screen?

kouyang95

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi, my Galaxy S3 recently broke and the LED/digitizer screen cracked, meaning the phone works but the touch screen doesn't. Basically the screen is black and the touch screen is unresponsive, but I know that the rest of the phone still works fine. I got a replacement phone, but I want to back up all the pictures, videos, contacts, etc. from my old phone.

I have tried connecting the phone to my computer but it connects as a camera which comes up as empty. I tried downloading Kies but when I try to connect it, it keeps "pending" and just never connects, probably because of a setting in my phone that I can't change because of the broken screen. I tried downloading MyPhoneExplorer and I can't connect it using any of the three ways, Wifi, Bluetooth, or USB cable, because of settings in my phone that I can't change.

Is there any other way I can back up everything from my phone without actually having to change any settings or do anything on my phone besides plug it into my computer?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
The only other thing I can think of to try is to go to a carrier store and see if they can do anything. I know that Sprint will copy your data from your old phone to a new one when you upgrade, but don't know if they can do it with a non-functioning screen. Good luck.