What triggers Samsung's default dock app?

maxc50167

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know what triggers Samsung's default dock app for driving? I've read that connecting a micro USB (with a 619k resistor between pins 4 and 5) will automatically activate it, but that doesn't work on my Galaxy Note II.

Please let me know if you have any answers. Thanks!

trucky

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I don't think so. I have an aftermarket cable: Car Aux Audio Output Cable USB Charger Cable for Sam Sung S3 i9300 i9220 I9100 | eBay that triggers car mode, and it's definitely not using a magnet. I have read that it is a resistance, but have no idea what the proper value is.

You're right about the resistance. Here is a detailed expose' on the innards of the dock mode and how to hack it into other connections...

DIY docks & hacking docks tripping dock mode & AC charging mode - xda-developers

maxc50167

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
The micro USB (with a 619k resistor between pins 4 and 5) triggered dock mode for my S3, but it didn't work on a Note II. I've seen videos of it working for the Note II, and certain car mounts claim they work as well. It also didn't work on a Motorola Razr Maxx HD or Droid Razr. Am I missing something here?