My APP was rejected at Play Store

Eduardo

Jun 13, 2023
Visit site
Does anybody know how to solve this?

Hi developer at CTI Dealer,
Thanks for your patience.
I've reviewed your appeal request and found that your app, SmsHelp, (com.ctidealer.smshelp), (App Bundle Version: 3 - Production) still violates Google Play Policy. I've included details below about the specific issue with your app and what you can do to get your app back on Google Play.
Step 1: Review the policy violation with your app
We found that your app is not compliant with the SMS and Call Log Permissions policy, or we were unable to review and verify your in-app experience for compliance with this policy.
I've reviewed your appeal request and found that your app does not qualify for use of READ_SMS, SEND_SMS, RECEIVE_SMS for the following reason:
Requested permissions do not match core functionality of the app
You declared Default SMS handler (when app is the registered default handler for SMS and any other core functionality usage) as the core functionality of your app. However, after review, we found that your app does not match the declared use case. Learn more about permitted uses and exceptions.
Core functionality is defined as the main purpose of the app. This may comprise a set of core features, which must all be prominently documented and explained in the app's description. Without the core feature(s), the app is "broken" or rendered unusable.
Please select a use case that matches your app's functionality.
For additional help, you can review the following resources:
Permission requests should make sense to users. You may only request permissions that are necessary to implement critical current features or services in your app. You may not use permissions that give access to user or device data for undisclosed, unimplemented, or disallowed features or purposes.
Please update your app to fix this issue. You may also want to double check that your app complies with all other Developer Program Policies.
Step 2: Submit a compliant update or remove permissions
  1. Make the necessary updates to address the issue identified above.
    • To continue using SMS and Call Log permissions, submit or update your Developer Permission Declaration along with a compliant version of your app in the Play Console for approval.
    • If your app is not eligible to access SMS and Call Log permissions or does not meet requirements for accessing SMS and Call Log permissions, please remove the permission from your manifest and in-app functionality.
  2. Double check that your app is compliant with all other Developer Program Policies.
  3. Sign in to your Play Console and submit the update to your app.
    • Please make sure to deactivate any non-compliant APKs. To do this, you can create a new release and upload a compliant APK to each track containing the non-compliant APKs. Be sure to increment the APK version code and set the release to 100% rollout.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks for working with us to fix the policy issue and for your continued support of Google Play.
Regards,
Vivienne
The Google Play Team

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I moved this to the Developers Lounge for more specific traffic.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
The APP send SMS. It is a kind of alarm by SMS.
I'd guess that was why it was denied. They probably took one look and thought "An alarm app doesn't need SMS access". In my opinion, You would either need to remove the SMS part or reclassify the app as a scheduled SMS client.

Disclaimer, I'm not a dev and I don't work for Google. I'm just offering an opinion base on logic and grumpiness.

rperez

Jul 13, 2023
Visit site
Hi, from my experience with Google Policy in the playstore you need to rethink if you really need all that permissions or only SEND_SMS and store you're own messages inside a local db to have a log. Also you will need to reclassify your app and provide accurate information in the store page and also during the release and appealing process.

In the past I had the same problem with an app that used the telephony permission to read the dialed number to launch a secret activity defined by the user, Google banned the app and after an explanation and a change in the listing everything was approved.

I hope it works for you.