Bluetooth audio keeps cutting out

raino

Q&A Team
Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I have a pair of Jaybird JF3MB "Freedom" headphones that I like to wear at the gym. The only problem is that the connection between my GS3 and the headphones is always horrible. Just horrible. The music keeps cutting out, sometimes for seconds at end. Thinking it was a distance between source and BT headphones issue, I bought an armband but that hasn't helped much either. Does anyone have any ideas?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried other Bluetooth devices? I use a Creative Labs D-100 speaker with no issues (walking around the house, or working in the yard).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

raino

Q&A Team
Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Yeah. I've tried a Motorola CommandOne ear piece, and while a bit better than the headphones, it's not problem free either. Plus the headphones (and the headset) work reasonably well with my old BB 9700, so I know it's this phone.

tdwr

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi Folks, first of all, my apologies for the mistakes I am doubtless making in posting this - as you can see, this is my first time. Was wondering whether anyone might be able to help. I have a Samsung S3 GT-I9300 running Android 4.1.2. I use the phone to stream music to stereos via bluetooth. In the past, I've done this without problem with a Sony bluetooth stereo, various car stereos, and various Belkin/other bluetooth dongles attached to stereos. I have just bought a Cambridge Audio BT100, attached to a DacMagic Plus and I'm having problems. The phone connects fine and streams music very nicely for anywhere between one and four minutes but then the audio completely drops out. The Bluetooth connection remains and the music player's track progress bar keeps moving - just no sound at all. Sometimes the audio will come back if I move forward or back a track, but not always. I usually use PlayerPro, but have also tried the phone's Android player with the same result. I've tested other bluetooth streaming devices with the BT100 and they all work fine. Any help very much appreciated - thanks! Tom

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Tdwr
What player are you using.? I had problems like that, and switched to Music Player.

--Tapatalk on SGS3.

tdwr

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
hi AxlMyk - thanks for the reply. I'm using PlayerPro, but it's not the apparently random pausing problem that sometimes occurs with that software when I'm using it with other bluetooth connections. To check that, I tried the built in Android "Music Player" and get exactly the same problems as in my original post: Perfect bluetooth streaming playback for anything up to four minutes, then sudden loss of sound although the bluetooth connection remains and the player's track progress bar (both on PlayerPro and Music Player) keeps on moving as normal. Thanks!

Posting this as an addendum to the above. Apologies to all for not having spotted this before, but, after further searching, I have identified the problem and solution which I hope may come in useful to someone else - BT100 - Wireless Audio Receiver - Stream via Bluetooth. Many thanks AxlMyk for taking the time to reply to my first post.

Last edited:

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I have had similar issues with a single bluetooth device at work (it's a Logitech Mini-Boombox BT speaker). Basically everytime I use it the audio cuts out here and there. I have to unpair it on my phone, go to the BT speaker, unplug it for about 10 seconds, plug it back in, then repair it and it works fine (until I disconnect again). Just unpairing it and repairing it isn't enough...I have to actually power-cycle the speaker.

It's only that device. I use other BT speakers at home and a headset and headphones, and they all work fine. Just that one requires me to basically reset the connection every time I want to use it.