Incoming calls are showing as UNKNOWN on my samsung galaxy s3

Kristopher Krie

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I had this same issue and was able to resolve it by going to settings/application manager and scrolling to the all tab. Look for phone in the list (green icon) and click on it. From here just select the clear data button. You may or may not have to restart after. It worked for me and numbers began showing again!!

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
What is not working?

If you really want help, please describe your problem clearly and completely, and tell us what you've already tried, and what happened. None of use are mind readers.

Nicola Conradie

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
My calls come up as unknown so I don't know who is calling me, nor can I save their number if I need to. Huge problem because I'm a PA that can't save/see numbers! (epic fail)

Please help!:'(

Ender Slayer

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
If you have s3 or s4 then this should work.
Steps:
1.Pull down the slide down menu.
2.go to settings in the top right corner. (Should be a gear)
3.got to yhe accounts tab.
4.click google. (You need google linked to your phone for this. If not already linked then press add account>google and then enter you google info)
5.click on your gmail that is there. EX: someone123@gmail.com
6.look for "sync contacts" and to be sure also tap "sync people details"
7.your done! If it synced then it will say "last synced mm/dd/yyyy" ex: "last synced 07-18-2014"
I hope this helped you!!!!

clay3000

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
I've just had the same problem and followed Dong Tran's suggestion above to fix it.

The issue is with the service provider - it's likely your caller display is not enabled at their end. Give them a call and tell them what is going on, you may have to mention to them that they need to enable the call display to give them a "heads up" of the problem (until I said that they told me they did not know what was wrong with my phone).

nareesh

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
Its service provider problem...call to your service provider and say when some calls me its showing as unknown...
He will immediatly recognize the problem. He may ask your number and within 10min your problem is resolved..... (Only for postpaid services you face these kind of issue)

Or you can call to your service providers and just say please activate PLIST on my mobile.
Problem solved

Thank you.

Jeff Zumbahlen

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
We switched from Verizon to cricket for numerous reasons. Everything is going well except that the incoming caller id comes up with a + sign instead of the callers name. since i don't have all of my contacts memorized i don't answer calls i don't know. how can i get the incoming caller id to show? I have the numbers in question programmed in my contacts but they never come up with a name. I aslo cannot send picture messages anymore. any help would be greatly appreciated

Lindsey Andersen

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
I've just called EE as I've had this problem for about a week now and they said it's a known issue and they're working on it, once they've fixed it they'll send a text letting me know. Although I always feel like they're talking rubbish just to get you off the phone when they have no clue why. It's been over a week now and surely with such a big company they'd of fixed it sooner than this.

POTTSMFC

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
Same problem for over 3 weeks now!!
I too always think they're talking rubbish to get rid of me.
Please let me know if they fix it for you and I will do the same.