samsung galaxys3 (sprint)

jrmoney82

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

Hello all...
My phone decided to do god knows what last night and now it wont do anything but stay on the Samsung logo.
I can't hard reset it (power, volume up, and menu) it just turns the ph on.
I saw some other replies about root or being rooted.. I have no idea what that is. This phone is smarter than me for the most part. lol
If I had to opportunity to take in to sprint I would but im currently deployed so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Ty, Justin

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Booting into recovery is volume up, power and HOME, not menu. Also, make sure the phone is completely powered off before trying to boot into recovery. Timing is critical:

Pull the battery to make sure the phone is completely off, then reinstall the battery. Hold all three buttons until you see the Samsung name. Immediately release all three buttons. If you release too soon, or too late, the phone will attempt to boot normally.

Also try booting into download mode: Make sure the phone is powered down, press and hold volume DOWN, home and power. Hold until you get a warning message, then press volume up. (At this point, you can ignore the warning about not turning the phone off. Just pull the battery.

Let us know if either of these work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non