Galaxy S3 screen went dead

Viridiana Arredondo

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I dont know what happen but the screen on my galaxy s3 went black everything seems to be working im even able to answer calls or make them with the voice recognition. i took it to a sprint store and they said there was nothing they could do to get it replace, the phone, is there anything i can do the deductible is 150 and i cant afford it?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately a replacement screen assembly is ~$170, so that doesn't do you much good.

You could contact Samsung directly to see if their manufacturer warranty (2 years overseas; 1 year U.S.) will cover it.

Unfortunately I've seen too many posts from people claiming that Samsung wouldn't cover the repairs because the phone was dropped (or some other equally lame excuse). YMMV.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Hola, bienvenida! I have a cousin in M?xico DF (M?xico City) named like you, we call her Viri! :thumbup::D

Some Sprint repair stores will take your phone, give you a remanufactured one in exchange and charge you something between $35-$80.

Also, you can buy a used one off craigslist or eBay.

Whatever you decide, good luck! :thumbup::)

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!