My S3 heating up whenever I use and alot of RAM usage...

Pratik7

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Was wondering why my phone heats up every time I use it, because of this problem I haven't put a cover on my phone, please help with it. And also my phone uses a lot of RAM over 700/832, don't know why, have to clear the ram every now and then. Any advice?

Posted via Android Central App

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
perhaps you have a rogue (bad) app installed. i would uninstall all of your apps and reinstall one by one until you find the culprit.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Pratik7,
In a few circumstances (GPS on, screen on, mobile data on and using all of the previous for navigation; or playing a graphics intensive game while charging) it may be normal for the phone to get warm or even hot, but in normal operation (surfing the web, updating Facebook, playing simple games, etc) the phone should not even be warm. If your phone is consistently running hot there's likely a hardware problem.

Regarding RAM usage - Android is designed to use memory efficiently. Unless you have an app that is running wild, constantly waking the CPU and chewing up battery life, don't worry about it.
Reboot the phone once a day if it makes you happy...

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Open Settings
Then Battery
That will show what programs are using power.
Screen and Android system are normal power users.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa